Wednesday, June 15, 2016

my everyday style: the everyday black dress!

This summer I am working on incorporating more dresses into my everyday wardrobe.  Dresses are a great alternative to shorts when the temps rise.  For everyday wear I need a dress that is casual and relaxed and SUPER easy to wear - which surprisingly is NOT that easy to find.  There are plenty of pretty and 'dressy' dresses, but finding a perfect casual dress that is comfortable and easy to wear is a bit trickier.  Or at least that's been my experience.

That's why when I found this t-shirt dress I was really excited.  It's stretchy but still structured enough to be flattering and I love that is has a little sleeve and a modest length. In the summer my wardrobe still needs to be super mom/kid friendly... I'm running from errands, to kids stuff, to the pool and all over the place in the summer. So it's no wonder this dress has been on major repeat so far this summer.







(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Dress, Old Navy - under $20!
Espadrilles, Soludos
Sunglasses, Warby Parker (similar or similar)
Bag, Kate Spade (similar, similar or similar)
Scarf, J.Crew (similar)
Nails, CND - my favorite summer red!
Bracelet, Loren Hope via Rocksbox - get your first month FREE with code: jillggxoxo



 

site design by kiki co.