Tuesday, September 22, 2015

my everyday style: a summer dress in fall!

I've mentioned here before that I don't really have a "summer" wardrobe versus a "spring" wardrobe, or a full on "winter" wardrobe or "fall" only apparel.  I have definite "summer" pieces like shorts and swim cover ups and "winter" pieces like coats and boots that only get worn in their intended season, but everything in between is fair game.  I wear sandals into the fall, tank tops under blazers in the winter.  I'm known to sneak a sweater into summer with some shorts and here I brought my favorite spring/summer dress straight into fall with a few layers.

I've been wearing this striped dress since April on spring break and now I'm stilling wearing it.  The more versatile a piece can be, the better in my opinion.  Here I simply paired my favorite summer dress with a denim jacket and a blanket scarf and voila - it's a super simple fall look!  And it's the perfect layers for these cool mornings we have been having!







(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Denim Jacket, American Eagle (old, but similar or similar or similar less expensive)
Scarf, Zara (old, but similar or similar)
Striped Dress, Gap (similar or similar or similar or similar)
Bag, Michael Kors (similar or similar or similar)
Shoes, Sam Edelman (or similar or similar - swoon!)
Sunglasses, Nordstrom Rack - ℅ (similar or similar)
Bracelet, House of Harlow via Rocksbox - get your first month FREE with code: jillggxoxo

Or shop the pieces below (keep in mind some thumbnail images will show other colors that the product is available in, I try to find as SIMILAR products as possible!):





 

site design by kiki co.