Monday, December 2, 2013

the Damage... November!

At the end of each month this year I have paused to take a look at my spending as it's related to my closet. Each month my target budget is $300. For some this may sound like a lot and for others it may not... for me personally this is my monthly goal. It works for my budget and lifestyle and doesn't break the bank. Shopping budgets are a personal thing, but I share mine here to show how I stretch my budget and work to create a well curated and fully stocked closet.

For November I had a lot of fun shopping for winter clothing... it's fun to start to stock up on sweaters and layers suitable for the colder temps.  Shopping is always fun... but this month I seemed to have a lot of fun with it.  I'm hoping that the decisions I make for clothes now continue to be a joy to me as the winter goes on. Because while shopping for winter clothes can be fun, wearing them all season can get a little ho-hum. Hopefully I can avoid that this year!


J.Crew Factory, Addie Loafer Flat, $98 with 40% + 20% off was $46.80
Joe Fresh/JCP, Cable Knit Sweater in Pink, $29 with 40% off was $16.99
J.Crew, Jeweled Shoulder Sweater, $138 marked down + 40% off was $59.99
Joe Fresh/JCP, Wide Striped Sweater, $19 with 40% off was $10.99
J.Crew, Merci Tee, $49.50
Gap, Navy Tweed Jacket, $88 with 40% off was $52.80
Gap, Velvet Back Zip Jeans, $69.95 with 40% off was $41.97
Joe Fresh/JCP, Polka Dot Oxford, $24 with 40% off was $13.99 (not shown, no longer avail online)
J.Crew Factory, Plaid Shirt, $59.50 with 40% off + 20% off was $30.80 (not shown, no longer avail online)
J.Crew, White Painter Tee, $39.50 marked down + 40% off was $11.99 (not shown, no longer avail online)

Total Spent: $475.82  (saved: $278.63)

Thoughts on the budget: I knew I spent over budget (eek!) and for that I am not proud, but I really love all the pieces that I found.   In general I snagged some super great deals that would have been very hard to resist and also splurged on the Hunter boots. So c'est la vie on going over budget. I do sense that perhaps I will need to reign it in for December and maybe/you never know/try to call it a wrap for 2013 purchases. We shall see. That being said, this time of year the deals are SO SO hard to resist. (who's with me?)

Thoughts on the pieces: I wish I could have shown the polka dot top, white top and plaid top I bought.  They will however show up here on the blog soon, I'm sure! All the pieces together really show the vibe I am going for this winter: simple, classic and that they mix and match easily. A few of these pieces are going to be staples for my holiday wear/parties this coming month like the velvet pants and the plaid top.  

Only ONE more month in 2013!  If you want to see all the Damage posts for the past year... click here!


 

site design by kiki co.