Thursday, March 1, 2012

you're never fully dressed without a bauble!

I think I have shown you my little "bauble station" here on the blog before.  Basically it's just the top of my dresser in my bedroom.  Here I display all my current/favorite baubles and finishing touches (watches, perfume, nail polish as color inspiration)... but recently it had gotten completely out of hand. Everything was piled on top of each other and was getting dusty and buried. I'll let the photos speak for themselves... it was a mess!  There were so many great pieces... but they were completely impossible to see much less be inspired by...


So I stripped everything off the dresser and dusted everything...


Click through to see it all finished!


I stacked everything on the neighboring dresser (my husband's)...


Then I began putting things back taking care to only put back the pieces I am absolutely loving for spring... here are the earrings:

Then the bracelets...

The necklaces got paired down dramatically...

And then the mirrored jewelry tray got re-filled...

Then... ta-da!  The finished product!  Now when I stand here each morning deciding on the perfect accouterments to my outfit I am not completely overwhelmed - but rather, quite inspired!

Just the other day I felt like my outfit was a total bomb... but after a few baubles - bam! It was perfect!  A few of these pieces are brand new for spring...  so if they don't look familiar. They will soon - I can't wait to get to wearing them.  {If you are curious on a source for any of the specific pieces... let me know!}

 

site design by kiki co.