Thursday, August 18, 2011

my outfit: how vibrant of you!

I was going through my closet the other night and I pulled out these jeans and realized I haven't worn them (or desired to wear them) in a while... and with summer on it's way out, well, I decided to seize the moment and get, errr... make, momma a new pair of shorts. 


And I haven't taken them off in two days. Success? Why, yes.  But here I am blabbering on about shorts when this top is all buzzing in your eye balls bright, no?  I'm obsessed with this color from J.Crew this fall.  It's called "Vibrant Flame" and I haven't bought a new t-shirt in forever (don't you love new t-shirts... mmmm!) and so I brought this little baby home with me.


I've started my fall shopping and I have a pretty concise and simple plan - half of which is already executed - thanks to my fall looks:book!  Snag your copy now if you haven't!  And the other half which I am still deciding on...




Details:
Top, J.Crew
Shorts, DIYd (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Bracelet, Forever 21

Check out what's up on my other blogs today!

  • More fun color blocking over at 100 Inspirations... this time on Emma Stone!
  • If your kids love to fish... here's a way they are guaranteed to snag one!  And there were no slimy worms encountered, I mean, harmed.

11 comments:

kristen said...

that is such a cool outfit....and love the shorts!

freda said...

What is your lip color? It looks great on you by the way!

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Thanks Kristen - so sweet of you!

Freda, the lip color is Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in "Crave"

Erin said...

Nothing beats the fit of a JCREW tee - love!

Grace Marie said...

o WOW.

reallllllly love this outfit and I normally dont love red!!!

Christine said...

I have always loved long sleeved shirts with shorts. For some reason that was always a novel concept to me, and I thought it was wonderful! You make this outfit great!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Linda Rose said...

Looks like you've got some leopard on today too! :) yea for fall!

b.a. said...

i'm so mad at myself--i totally just sold those jeans to a consignment shop cause i wasn't wearing them anymore either! why didn't i think of shorts?! idiot! (slaps forehead.)

Shannon said...

That is a great color and it looks so pretty on you. The shorts came out great. Did you just fold the cuff over or sew it?

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

i love that color! i think i want, uhhh, need that shirt!!

e.kinnear said...

I'm kind of sad by this, I loved those jeans (on you, haha)! I guess they're cute as shorts too. Like Christine, I love shorts with long sleeves!


 

site design by kelly christine studio