Wednesday, May 25, 2011

my outfit: summer is here!

I hate to admit it.  But it's the truth.  Grand Rapids just isn't ready for red pants yet. I won't go into specifics... but if you are from a small(er) town you know the feeling. The weird comments. The blank stares.  They are PANTS people.  I'm not wearing aliens, one on each leg.


It looks like I'm going to have to bring this trend to fruition here in GR all on my own. And considering I only make it out ("out" defined as places other than schools, soccer fields and grocery stores) on a limited basis... this is gonna take a while.


 But enough jibber jabber about my small-ish town.  I wore this snazzy, yet summery, outfit on a date.  A windy date, but a date all the same. Is my husband a lucky guy or what? (I kid, I kid. kinda)



Details:
Red Pants, Zara (similar)
Tank, Forever 21 (similar)
Bracelet, courtesy of Towne & Reese (this style is sold out :( but check out their other fun pieces!)
Wedges, Cynthia Vincent for Target (similar)

18 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh, I totally know the feeling! Small-town-mentality, as I call it. They all fear the unknown. Can we help it if we're fashionistas stuck in a small town? You look so cute by the way, I love that outfit!

Amy said...

I hear Kendi say that kind of stuff about her small town all the time on her blog. Make them stare! But seriously, this look is amazing on you. I love that tank top! And yes, your hubby is lucky!

amy day to day

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i LOVE the pants! so dont let those ppl bring you down :) xoxo jillian :: enter to win my DIY bridal giveaway!

Linda Rose said...

you husband is a lucky guy! for more reasons than one. love this outfit on you. bring grand rapids up to date jill!

Miles Of Style said...

ur totally rocking those red pants and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise!

p.s. don't forget to enter this fabulous Love of Dresses giveaway.
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-love-of-dresses.html

Jess said...

I want some red pants so bad!!!! I think they are way cute!

Lilly's Style said...

I absolutely LOVE this outfit! Those pants are great. Why don't we have Zara in MI!? Not cool!

You look fabulous!

maria said...

They are so great on you!!! way to trailblaze in grand rapids, JIll!!!

Jo said...

I am on the fence about buying similar red pants for the same reason. I don't know if my small city is ready for this hotness.

Bridget said...

Hun, I wish we were neighbors so we could rock the red pants together. You look fantastic! :)

Sarah said...

Agreed about Bland Rapids! I love this city, but boy is it behind. A girlfriend of mine encountered the same reaction to her new turquiose J Brand jeans recently while downtown. You are not alone in your fashion hot-ness here in GR!

madison avenue said...

i LOVE this outfit! i love how your shirt is made of flowers and the color of your pants is awesome and i love your brown wedges that you paired with it all! your blog is so cute!
madisonavenue2011.blogspot.com

LEGraham937 said...

I'll be rocking my red pants here in Cheyenne, WY! I just wish I had more to wear them with. I love this trend!

Isabel.L said...

You look so pretty i like your style,I'm following you now, please visit my blog, if you like it, i would be very happy if you follow me back too:)

greetings from Sweden

http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

Bestie said...

GR can handle it!! you look FAB! love the rockin red pants. xoxo

CaramelLatteKiss said...

You look great! Ignore the confusion over your look. My two best friends and I are big fan of the bright trouser, but in our small English town we were quite a sight all in our brights apparently. Cars beeped at us. People stared. It was kinda funny actually

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

pretty girl. xo

Viviana said...

pretty cool! I'll be wearing my red pants tomorrow!

wholesale clothing


 

site design by kelly christine studio