Monday, April 18, 2011

my outfit: tie it up!

Apparently I am 'into' tying up tops now...  I was also thinking of how tying up a maxi dress on the side would be cute (I think I saw something similar somewhere on the internet) and also how an old college t-shirt would look cute tied up on the side with a pair of high waisted trouser jeans.  I'll just ride this fad into the sunset.

Do you outfit brainstorm and problem solve? It's my favorite way to fall asleep at night... then when I wake up I realize I was half out of my mind and have to start all over again.

How was your weekend? We had a lazy and relaxing one with some fun mixed in... my son started soccer (my absolute favorite!), my in-laws were in town which meant some time out for my husband and I (I love built-in babysitters!), and I ate and ate and ate... food always makes for a fun time in my book. I actually tried lobster for the first time... hello!  Where have those spiky little red tails been my whole life? Yum!  And then Andrew and I also went to our favorite restaurant and enjoyed some bubblies (champy for me and beer for him) and MORE amazing food.  I'll be at the gym all week if you need me...

psst.... circle of moms is looking for the top 25 stylish mom bloggers!  Do you think I'm one of them!?!?  Vote here!

Chambray Top, Old Navy (similar)
White Tank, Forever 21 (similar)
Dove Necklace, gift (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman (similar)
Ring, Forever 21 (similar)


Kelly said...

I like your necklace! voted for you again!

Linda Rose said...

you have the bluest eyes ever! i wish mine were like that!
sounds like a great weekend! what a cute and casual outfit for it all. Love!

Jenny said...

Super cute outfit - love that it's so simple, but packs a punch (totally digging the ring)!

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like it, and it could make outfits a little less fussy.
My Heart Blogged

The Pretty Life Anonymous said...

That is hilarious, I totally outfit brainstorm in bed and then in the morning I never want to wear what I came up with the night before. LOVE what you came up with!!

Carrie Edwards said...

Love the tied up top and I tie up my maxi dresses all the time {especially if I'm wearing flats with them}. It's cute and that way I can keep them long enough to wear with heels.

Rebecca said...

I like tied up tops too. Maybe it's because I missed the trend in the 80s.

Caitlin said...

i looooove this outfit!!! looks great with your pretty blues too!

Lili said...

Although I'm not convinced with tying up shirts for myself, I think it looks great on you! It gives a little something "extra" to a simple outfit :-)
Oh and I do that outfit brainstorming right before I sleep, too... And sometimes I have to think of something else because it keeps me awake, LOL!

Relatable Style


site design by kelly christine studio