Thursday, March 31, 2011

what to wear: work it girl!

One of the most common questions I get is about my work out routine.  Everything from when/how I do it to what I wear.  If you want to know how/what I do... check out the FAQ.  Today, we are going to chat about what to wear!  I personally really like the C9 line at Target... it is simple and cheap.  But I will be the first to admit that the selection is a little boring - mostly black.  And while I love to wear black while working out - doesn't show your sweat (!!!) - I will also admit that it's a little boring.  Blah, blah, blah!

I am in need of some new work out clothes myself and got tons of new inspiration while putting these outfits together - I hope you do too!






Now I have a really awkward question to ask... I was going to give you some links to some of my favorite little work outs that are suitable for doing at home if you don't have a gym membership.  But all of the videos I found were really bad or cheesy.  Would it be really bad or cheesy if I just did a quick video tutorial? I'm no pro... I just thought it might be helpful.  Feel free to discuss in the comments!

16 comments:

Monique Zuman said...

Thanks for this post on working out clothes Jill!! I always struggle finding something to wear to train in! Such inspiration!!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

If you could do a quick video tutorial on your at-home work out that would be great. With a 2 yr old and a new baby the only time I have to work out is nap time. Getting to the gym just doesn't happen.

Whitney said...

with 4 kiddos 5 and under - my workout routine is with a dvd in my living room 3 times a week + one run on the weekends. I'd love to know your tricks!

Angeline said...

You have the kind of charm that could pull off a video tutorial on your fav workout moves - I would love it - and thanks for the tips on the workout gear - love them!

thirtynothing said...

Don't you DARE tease us with the prospect of a workout video tutorial! Hope to see it soon! :)

xo
Dana

Christa said...

I always think there should be a What Not to Wear to the gym episode. I, too, go with inexpensive and seem to almost always have on black shorts, white top. Dull. Tutorial sounds great as you do a good job on them. Love your site.

Kayla said...

I have actually recently attempted to do a post about some of my work-out routine, but than was afraid that it toed on the cheesy line. But than, isn't working out itself always a little cheesy? I would love to see what you have! I love learning new tips and tricks!

Linda Rose said...

this is so fun! i'm loving the first one! it's me!
i think a video tutorial would be great! go for it jill! i'd love to see it!

anna said...

work it out! i could sooo use some tips on working out at home!

Sarah Lenhart said...

I'd love to see a quick tutorial! I always do workouts at home so it would be fun to add another one to the list. :)

Sarah + Mark said...

I am in LOVE with the plum jacket!...but it's listed as child sized. Boo. :-(

Katie said...

A tutorial for an at-home work out would be great!

Law Mama said...

You found cute sneakers! I've been having the hardest time with that aspect. Spring always gets me inspired to be more fit, thanks for the fashion tips!

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Love the idea!

Also...have you ever done the Pilates DVD you linked to? I'm looking for a good one for home use....

bettec said...

I have a really great (affordable) link to online workouts if you like yoga...

check out http://www.yogadownload.com/

Okay I am totally sounding like I work for them/a spammer but I promise I'm not :) I've done a number of their workouts and they are pretty awesome. I highly recommend the hip openers (if you are intermediate) but there are lots of options for beginners too! Just dig around and read the ratings...and on average, only $1.50/class! I always check them out on days I can't get to the gym.

xo betts
fashion party redux

Lindsay @ My Happily Ever After said...

I think a quick little video tutorial would be great!! I'm always looking for new ideas to work into my at-home routine!


 

site design by kelly christine studio