In my futile attempts to make spring.arrive.right.now. I have taken to wearing spring-ish clothing in spite of the weather. You can't really see here in these photos, but it was raining while I was standing there - cold rain! And while rain kind of stinks, at this point, I'll take it over snow. However less than 24 hours later it was snowing again. Back to square one.
How was your weekend? Ours was super busy and involved some of the following:
- A trip to IKEA (two hours each way = major drag; going to IKEA = major fun!)
- Some small projects around the house and growing that list - our house list is a boomerang. For every one project we do, 50 come back at us.
- Finally giving in and buying Wii Mario Cart for our 6 year old, he's been literally BEGGING for it for weeks and whattaya know, he loves it. (I've turned into the skeptical parent that never really believes that their kids will like something as much as they foresee they will.)
- Falling asleep at 8:30 on Saturday night and sleeping the whole night through - such a rare treat! I'm usually a night owl.
- Watching Man On Wire and Food, Inc (both on Netflix) and liking both, but for two different reasons. Have you seen them?
- Cleaning the bathrooms (uggh, I hate cleaning... but who doesn't love some fresh clean bathrooms to start the weekend?)
- Laundry. Oh isn't my life so glamorous!?!?
- Making a HUGE pot roast on Saturday and feeding on it all weekend. This is my new M.O. on the weekend, I try to make one dish that will feed us all weekend. Heck, it's my weekend too. I don't want to be cooking the whole time!
- Also, our Target does not have it's Easter stuff out yet. I mean, what!?!?! All a girl wanted was some jelly beans this weekend. Oh well.
Earrings, Wendy Mink, but I got mine cheaper via GILT!
Sweater, Old Navy (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
White Top, Old Navy
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Boots, Nine West (similar)
Nail Polish, Rose Bowl by Essie (similar)