Monday, March 7, 2011

my outfit: peachy keen!

In my futile attempts to make spring.arrive.right.now. I have taken to wearing spring-ish clothing in spite of the weather.  You can't really see here in these photos, but it was raining while I was standing there - cold rain!  And while rain kind of stinks, at this point, I'll take it over snow. However less than 24 hours later it was snowing again.  Back to square one.





How was your weekend? Ours was super busy and involved some of the following:

- A trip to IKEA (two hours each way = major drag; going to IKEA = major fun!)
- Some small projects around the house and growing that list - our house list is a boomerang. For every one project we do, 50 come back at us.
- Finally giving in and buying Wii Mario Cart for our 6 year old, he's been literally BEGGING for it for weeks and whattaya know, he loves it. (I've turned into the skeptical parent that never really believes that their kids will like something as much as they foresee they will.)
- Falling asleep at 8:30 on Saturday night and sleeping the whole night through - such a rare treat! I'm usually a night owl.
- Watching Man On Wire and Food, Inc (both on Netflix) and liking both, but for two different reasons. Have you seen them?
- Cleaning the bathrooms (uggh, I hate cleaning... but who doesn't love some fresh clean bathrooms to start the weekend?)
- Laundry. Oh isn't my life so glamorous!?!?
- Making a HUGE pot roast on Saturday and feeding on it all weekend.  This is my new M.O. on the weekend, I try to make one dish that will feed us all weekend. Heck, it's my weekend too. I don't want to be cooking the whole time!
- Also, our Target does not have it's Easter stuff out yet. I mean, what!?!?! All a girl wanted was some jelly beans this weekend.  Oh well.

Details:
Earrings, Wendy Mink, but I got mine cheaper via GILT!
Sweater, Old Navy (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
White Top, Old Navy
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Boots, Nine West (similar)
Nail Polish, Rose Bowl by Essie (similar)

20 comments:

rosy+tart said...

And here I thought an hour each way to IKEA was bad. Yikes!! And yes, I love Food, Inc. too.... the hubs, however, *hated* it. Boys... go figure.

Nicole said...

Thanks for posting your nail polish color!! It's so cute and I've been looking for a classy pink/red for awhile.

Rachael said...

I love that sweater! Our weekends sound similar, but I made chili instead of pot roast. Yay!

jacksjoy said...

I had the same frustration at Target, too! I asked and was told they will be setting Easter at the end of this week. Check the stands at the end of the checkout lines, though. That's where I found my favorite Cadbury Mini Eggs hiding!

Carrie said...

Can't wait for Target to arrive in Canada! On a better note, Ikea is 20 mins from me.

Saw Food Inc. Made me rethink my eating habit which is what it is try to do.

Karri said...

Yep - Saw Food Inc. Was totally disgusted by it. But I think everyone needs to see it, just for the informative factor.

We're making the IKEA trip on Friday. I can't wait. Its been almost 2 years!

Grace Marie said...

love all of your outfits but this one is especially cheery!

Craving Spring here as well!

Christina said...

Great color on you.

christina said...

Love the outfit! Love the way you tied your belt, and your nails are so cheery. Your weekend sounds a lot like mine...minus the snow.

In other news, we're entertaining the possibility of taking a job in Grand Rapids next year. But neither of us have been there. Any opinions?

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Christina, that is so exciting! I just sent you the worlds longest email - We just LOVE GR!

jen v said...

Ha, I also crave jelly beans all year around. For sure my favorite chewy candy. I know of ONE place you can always find them. SO, if you are desperate, the Meijer Gas Station at Knapp's corner usually has them..:)

Jackie said...

No Easter candy?!? Our Target has had some since Valentines Day. Jeesh Michigan, get with it! Ha!

Natalie loves Mario Cart too. She would literally play for hours if we let her.

Love your nail color!

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Carrie, I wonder if I would trade Target for having an IKEA close??? hmmmm.... that's a tough one!

I'm glad I am not the only Easter candy lover - yum!

Jackie, seriously, Natalie and Noah are like long lost twins! Ha!

My Heart Blogged said...

I've also started trying to wear spring clothes. I love Ikea too. I don't know anyone who doesn't like it. The crazy thing is we have tons of easter stuff already, especially at our drugstores.
My Heart Blogged

Hayley said...

LOVE that color

Sara K.S. Hanks said...

Great nail polish! I'm always a fan of red nails, and I'm loving the more casual coral tone you've got goin'.

I've been meaning to watch Food, Inc. for a while, but I'm worried about how I'll react. Did you feel like you couldn't go to the grocery store anymore, knowing how processed and unethical everything was? Yikes! Not sure I'm ready for a huge life change in this area!

Jess said...

I absolutely love Ikea! I have both of those documentaries in my Netflix queue but haven't watched them yet. To be honest, I am a little nervous to watch Food, Inc.

karen★ said...

BUT have you seen the new spring dresses at target yet? so so cute! some are way more expensive than i have ever spent at target before but i am stocked up for spring....and possible summer on my cute dresses.

i love the peach! you always look so vibrant in peach. it's a great color on you, and the nails look awesome!

p.s. how do you like mario cart? i'm exactly the same and haven't bought it yet. does noah love it?

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Karen, I'll have to check out the dresses at Target! I could use some retail therapy! Mario Cart is like crack for kids, I don't know what it is, but every parent I talk to - their kids are the same as mine. Can't stop playing it!

Christine said...

The Peach loves you! great outfit!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/


 

site design by kelly christine studio