Thursday, March 17, 2011

my outfit: duh!

All black, duh!

I love this look, it's loosely inspired by the second look HERE.  But when I look at the pictures I do realize it's a little severe looking.  And I don't think my personality so 'severe' - but what I do love is the simplicity of this outfit.  All day long it's easy and chic even if I just rolled out of bed, errr out of a nap with my three year old (bliss!) - I was ready to go.

And even if this outfit doesn't look very spring-y - the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS this day... gorgeous!  A perfect little teaser to get me through the rest of March!

Even though it was almost 60 and sunny, we still have A LOT of snow on the ground (as you can see).  We have a shady yard and still cold nights - but we are getting so close to spring!

I experimented a bit with a new scarf tying technique... always trying to keep it fresh!  I'll put it in the queue for another video tutorial, if I can come up with some other new ways to make it an even three.

Scarf, Limited (similar)
Sunglasses, Forever 21 (similar)
Jacket, courtesy of Tulle
Top, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman (similar)


K said...

I love all black & don't think it is too harsh at all.

Norwegian Phoenix said...

Working in retail, I'm always looking for ways to spice up the all-black outfits that I'm required to wear during the holiday season(thankfully it's not a year round policy). I'll definitely have to keep this in mind. Thanks! Hope the snow melts soon!

Bekah: Matters of Merrymaking said...

The look is definitely fierce! And I'm a big fan of this new scarf technique! You're rockin' it.

matters of merrymaking

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Great outfit. I can see you pulling your hair down and putting on some high heels and you're ready for a night out.

the cape on the corner said...

great look, it's definitely very "sandy" from grease. you know, tell me about it, stud?

My Heart Blogged said...

I think it's looks super chic, and all black is always perfect.
My Heart Blogged

Daphne said...

Don't think it is that severe. Looks cool. I wore a very similar look couple days ago. Something about primarily black wiht a cream snood and animal print. Love it.

Kelly said...

cute blog, You've got great style! Now a follower :)


aNewFoundLove said...

I love the way you wrap your scarves! I watched the video you posted a while ago about that and It has def come in handy!


site design by kelly christine studio