Tuesday, March 1, 2011

my outfit: blues!

When in doubt - go monochromatic. Blue and black works especially well for the this look.  I chose blue today.  I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off all day and this outfit took it all. I love that in an outfit.


I was recently chatting over email with one of my wardrobe consult clients about changing up a look of a top by simply switching it up from time to time between tucked and untucked.  So I decided to take my own advice.  It completely changes a silhouette of an outfit and keeps familiar clothes looking fresh.


Here is this blue sweater untucked (for reference).



Shameless plug below... doesn't the book look so good on the shelf?  If you are a pre-order type of person, you can pre-order it here.  


Details:
Top, LOFT, Gift from Linda (!!) (similar)
Necklace, courtesy of Towne & Reese
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Clogs, Ugg

10 comments:

Linda Rose said...

Love that sweater! Looks so great with that necklace! And you're so right, it totally changes the look now that it's tucked in.
Thanks for the link too! :)

D said...

i love that necklace! p.s. where did you get that finial on the bookcase? i love that and want one in white:)

Kayla said...

The book does look shockingly great on a shelf. And you look great in today too!


Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Christine said...

ahhh! I love this outfit. Something about the simplicity appeals to me. That necklace really adds something extra to the look.

http://canoland.blogspot.com/

M.O.T.B said...

That is a gorgeous necklace and I adore those two colors together!

My Heart Blogged said...

I like tucking in a shirt sometimes too. You also get to show off your belt.
My Heart Blogged

Laurita P said...

love your sweater, it looks great tucked in and out!

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/

Maggie Rose said...

I actually never tuck in my shirts (unless it's with a high waisted skirt). Hmm, something new to consider.

Your hair looks AMAZING, btw. Exactly how I wish mine was looking right now.

Jackie said...

I'm going to buy the book and then send it to you so you can sign it for me!! I hardly ever tuck in shirts, but I did recently with my leopard print blouse and actually liked it. Will probably start doing it more.

Colleen said...

Sometimes I have to go monochromatic too. It makes for getting ready quickly


 

site design by kelly christine studio