Thursday, January 27, 2011

personal style, defined: masculine!

Welcome back to another installment of personal style, defined.  This series is all about finding and exploring our own personal styles in fashion and at home.  Here on good life for less I explore fashion... then pop over to Jackie's blog, Sweetie Pie Style to see her inspiration!

Today we are exploring the "masculine" style... menswear inspired looks have been popular over the last few years... its a fun style and I just LOVE the looks I pulled together for today!  Read on for inspiration of the masculine variety... then head on over to check out Sweetie Pie Style's masculine rooms.

I love the mix of masculine pieces with a touch of feminine flair... it lends itself to a certain practicality.  Let's take a look!

I love this look... it reminds me of Ellen, who rocks the menswear inspired look so well.  This would be a great Saturday afternoon outfit.


A boyfriend cardigan, driving mocs and a plaid scarf is a simple look that hints at masculinity but still shows off your style and shape (plus, it never hurts to show a little ankle!).


Pinstripe pants, glasses and a large watch say "I'm as confident as a man" in the boardroom but done right, can still show that you are a lady through and through.

So what do you think... do you like to incorporate a bit of "masculine" style into your wardrobe? Do you already? 

12 comments:

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

I love the diversity of style you showcase here, Jill. Do you think you'll ever show anything from your brother's line? This made me think of his collection a little bit.

Linda Rose said...

oooo, yeah, i love the menswear style! love that second look.

YellowBirdDayBook said...

Jill, I would have never described my style as masculine, but I see myself in lot in these two collages. I tend to wear bold necklaces or earrings with them though.

Great post.

maria said...

I love these, plus they look so comfy!

Lindsey said...

I absolutely love masculine inspired looks. I'm been obsessing over blazers for quite some time now and I think Kim Kardashian pulls them off best. The looks you pulled together are perfection, thanks for some inspiration!

Linds

Jackie said...

These are all great! I love a masculine touch here or there-especially love a men's watch. And too funny about Ellen-she would totally rock that outfit!

graphpaperheart said...

Funny, I always think of my style as girly but I love a lot of these looks here! Very inspiring. :)

karen★ said...

i love that last look. i haven't done anything like that lately...since working corporate america...but looking at those shoes i might have to go there again.

CaramelLatteKiss said...

I like masculine style. I often have a look at men's stores for things like hats and skinny ties.
I live in my brogues too.

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like mixing masculine up with feminine. I think it's sexy when a woman is dressed in something masculine, and just owns it.
My Heart Blogged

shealennon said...

Yay I love this series! I'm usually a girly-girl, but I'm so inspired by these combinations. I'm trying out look #1 asap!

Newspaper Cut Outs said...

Oh I love vests and blazer. I don't know why but the "masculine" look with bright colored wedges or heels just really appeals to me. of course i have yet to find an amazing blazer or bright colored heels......

~Newscutouts from newscutouts.blogspot.com


 

site design by kelly christine studio