Wednesday, October 13, 2010

my outfit: go for the bold!

This outfit is totally out of my norm... but I loved it! I was feeling daring and bold and it definitely came through. I know some of you will dislike the denim jacket with jeans but save your comments - ha! - I liked it!

Doesn't it feel good to go out of your comfort zone sometimes??

A lot of people ask me if TOMS are comfortable. I practically go accosted at the Las Vegas airport by two "mature" women wanting details on where to find TOMS and more importantly if they had "arch support" - apparently it's key as you age. I said "oh, yes of course" - but then I realized I don't really have problems with my arches - so maybe not. errr... it's hard to say.

What I WILL say though is that I ran, yes RAN (!!!!!) through pretty much the entire Minneapolis airport in these bad boys last night (damn you Delta!) and my feet were about the only things not hurting (my lungs and calves were another story... my temper and nerves, yet another one entirely). But my feet? Sparkly and happy!

Sarong as a Scarf, Gap (similar)
Denim Jacket, Gap (similar)
Striped Top, Forever 21 (similar)
Pink Top, Old Navy (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Shoes, TOMS
Handbag, Kate Spade (similar, I got mine at GILT for cheaper!)


b.a. said...

wow! this IS totally out of your norm! way to go! i love the scarf with that top!!! i need to get out of my rut. :P this outfit is great motivation to do just that!

elizabethashleyphoto said...

This is adorable! I just love that striped top layered over the bright pink shirt. And the sparkly TOMS are perfect!

And yes, it feels so good to go out of your comfort zone from time to time. I find I get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing something a bit different or a new combo. Good feeling!

Juanita said...

Love, love, love the outfit! I forget how great navy and hot pink look together! I also think you have forced me to rethink denim on denim!

Kelly said...

I love floral prints with stripes!

Debbie said...

thank you Jill for another do-able great and cute outfit!

Nicole said...

I had wondered if Toms were comfy...I have super high arches so that is always an issue for me...they kinda remind me of T&C surf shoes back in the day...those killed me feet but I loved them! Your Toms are super cute!

Milly said...

i want to be you! :) great outfit

christina said...

I LOVE it! So fun and full of personality. I need to dig around in my closet and mix it up a bit. Also, I'm going out in search of those sparkly Toms tomorrow. Just what I need.

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

One of my favorite outfits yet. LOVE the color, the scarf with those jeans, all of it. It's one I would copy for myself right down to the detail. :)

Angeline said...

Love it! The pink of the scarf and shirt just pop! I just got a pair of TOMS for my birthday and I LOVE them--great support and so comfy.

karen★ said...

You look great! And happy! I'm so happy that your Toms got you through that airport.

p.s. i honestly don't believe that those jeans can do any wrong. love.


site design by kelly christine studio