Tuesday, September 28, 2010

my outfit: fall chic!

Last week I had to turn the A/C back on for a little heat wave and this week it's back to my favorite chilly fall temps where I almost need to turn the furnace on. 50's in the morning and 60's and 70's in the afternoon - bold blue skies and bright sun - albeit getting lower in the sky. The tricky part is having an outfit that can do all the variances of one day like that... a 20 degree swing is no easy feat.

I was at the bus stop at 8:15am and then volunteering in my son's class that morning and then errands in the afternoon... whew. All in a day's work!


This outfit was perfect for all that they day brought... there is nothing like an outfit of basics pulled together thoughtfully to deliver a stylish and practical outfit. Then for a bit of glamour I added my new Kate Spade bag. I am SO in love with this bag. I have many unstructured bags - so that makes the ultra-structured-ness of this bag so appealing.


It's perfect for all the basics, maybe even a magazine or two and even my laptop slips in nicely too! Bonus! Especially since I seem to be carrying it to coffee shops, etc more and I've got a trip coming in a few weekends that this will make the perfect carry on. win-win-win!


Details:
Scarf, NYC street vendor (similar)
Jacket, Gap (similar)
T-shirt, JCrew (similar)
Pants, Old Navy (similar)
Clogs, UGG
Purse, Kate Spade (from GILT)

5 comments:

Heather said...

great one. love the green cargos.
xo

Sarah Lenhart said...

Cute! We've been having 40 degree shifts in our day. It's freezing in the morning but in the 80's by 1:00.

Caitlin said...

love your sunglasses!! who are they by?

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Caitlin, the sunglasses are from forever 21! Here's the link: http://www.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?id=161872439&pid=uid3716-664846-90

Jackie said...

Fun fall look! But you are making me hot over here! It's 100 degrees! Eck!


 

site design by kelly christine studio