Saturday, July 31, 2010

my outfit: 17/30!

30 for 30 Banner

It's your mix master here... pulling outfits from who knows where. Just when I think I could never find another variation, bam, I do. This one felt a little too easy though - but I love it! I'm a broken record, I know - but looking great does NOT need to be complicated.

What are you up to this weekend? I am going to catch up on work, work, work and then hopefully get a manicure and pedicure to reward myself. Not the ideal way to spend a Saturday, working, but between my birthday this week and my husband being gone for work for a few days and being gone almost all week last week everything is catching up on me. I have two rockin' guest posts in the works, a new blogging bits for tomorrow, a whole stack of wardrobe consults to complete... oh yeah, and SEVEN days until I leave for vacation (which means I need to pre-write a whole week of posts) and pack my family. Who said blogging was easy? Fun maybe, easy, no.

And for the record, I am HOOKED on curly hair lately. It actually makes my hair softer (the curling iron) than my flat iron. Could this be true? And I think it's easier to keep looking good all day. It just does it's own thing and I shake it out a few times a day and voila! My hairstylist will be so proud! Speaking of hair, last time I asked for dry shampoo recos... you overwhelmingly loved Tresemme (which I do too! Great reco!)) now... do you all have a secret make-hair-soft-and-shiny recommendation? If so, DO TELL!

Happy Weekend!

Shorts, Old Navy (similar)
Top, Gap (similar)
Scarf, Cost Plus World Market (similar)
Sandals, F21 (similar)


Hannah said...

Biosilk "silk therapy" works wonders for my course hair!!

Domestic Engineer said...

Silk therapy is very good, but Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum is better for me. My new hair routine which I love, is to use Kiwi shampoo and conditioner (so thick and wonderful) and then put a little Kiwi blow dry serum on it with a little super skinny or ( I admit to buying a cheaper version, not as good, but acceptable Got to B satin drops.) The blow dry serum by Kiwi works great if I let my curly hair dry naturally too!

Andrea said...

I have been using Argan Oil on my wet hair before blow drying. It's like Moroccan oil but cheaper.

Liz said...

Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide works wonders!

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

You REALLY need to try Moroccan Oil shampoo/conditioner. They're salon (or online) only, and a bit pricey, but VERY worth it!

Stacey said...

A little jealous of the cute curly hair!! The outfit is very cute also. Wish I could wear a scarf--hoping for a day below 90 sometime soon!

曾有年 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

I agree with MyLittleHappyPlace, Moroccon oil changed my hair for sure. Don't use too much, but it makes your hair soft and shiny without the grease.
And denim on denim? It's so in!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

I LOVE "It's a 10" shine spray. I got it from my hair dresser, but you can find it on Amazon.


site design by kelly christine studio