Friday, February 19, 2010

similarities...

Can we discuss the similarities of these two tops quickly?

This one I saw at Walmart last week (I know, I know... I hate that place. But for reals they have some cheap stuff there. I never check the clothing, but just happened to that trip). I thought it would be perfect bought in a size too big as a bathing suit cover up. Maybe with the sleeves rolled up messy, but just-so. Also, in the store it looked cuter. You can kind of tell from this picture, but it has a deep v-neck that I love. Just untie that bow they have all tied up like crazy people. It's on sale for $8 (from $10... I know, big spender!) Also it boasts of "organic" cotton... so fancy in it's Walmart way, no?



And then I found this one from Anthropologie... pretty similar, no? I mean, yes, the one from Anthro is like the sophisticated older sister of the one above. But, it kind of confirmed my opinion that it would be a great bathing suit cover up. Plus, this one, in all it's beauty is $98. Just a mere $90 difference.



Please do discuss. Am I crazy?

~~~

By the way... it's the weekend. This was a weird week with the holiday at the beginning, but I am still ready for the weekend!

8 comments:

.:.klassy.k.:. said...

At times Walmart has some alright stuff in the clothing department. I think that the one from Walmart is just fine for a bathing suit cover-up. I think its cute! For something like that I would rather pay $8 than $98. That's just my thoughts. Have a great weekend!

Sandhya said...

frankly i think i like the walmart one a bit better. i hate walmart but looove target. i shop everywhere and it's the value of the item, not where i got it that makes the decision for me. i say way to go!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

I think I like the Wal-Mart version better too! Your penance for saving $90 is having to actually go to Wal-Mart though ;)

Reagan said...

I'm cool with wearing W-Mart clothes if they aren't essentials. The essentials (jeans, t-shirts, etc.) are worth paying a little extra for, in my opinion, since I think they "wear" longer.

But for a beach cover up, I'm all over the $8 version!

Ms. 20-Something Career Gal said...

I live in the "Land of Wal-Mart" and they are learning that they actually have to compete with Target when it comes to clothing/home goods. They are definitely improving (style and quality) their wardrobe departments. You can thank Target!

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Not at all! I love the cover-up idea - I just wish I didn't have to traips into a Wallie World to see and inspect it first-hand. My waddling combined with my all-too-frequent uniform of tank tops would certainly land me a spot on The People of Walmart blog - JUST what I need! ;)

karen said...

Loooove the 1st one just based on the difference in price alone. You know the quality has got to be a huuuuge difference, but for a cover up? Definitely! (I buy some of my boys' long sleeve shirts from Walmart. BUT, when buying for boys that are just going to get them dirty anyway...it makes perfect sense!)

Dobbygirl said...

I like it! Perfect beach cover up, if it gets ruined, oh well...


 

site design by kelly christine studio