Friday, December 4, 2009

walk the walk.

One of my "goals" for this blog is for it to constantly challenge me and for it to always be a direct reflection of myself.

So in the coming months I will be doing more to make this a better place - some things I have already changed up a bit (you may or may not notice) and some things are still in the works. One thing I have been mulling over a while, which is very popular in blog-land these days, is posting pictures of myself in my regular 'ole outfits. It is SO nerve-wracking to put myself out there like this. But if I am following my heart and my goals (to be challenged and to reflect myself) I figure it's a no-brainer. And if anything I hope it will inspire you all maybe just a smidge. Because, I'm a regular old gal, stay-at-home mom. We're all in it together, right?

Plus, if I am doling out all this fashion advice, ideas and inspiration... shouldn't I walk the walk too?

So, eek. Look at the pictures if you must. And please be kind. I don't have any fabu locale like NYC or a photographer husband (although either/or would help) - just my living room/desk area, and maybe a few photoshop tricks up my sleeve. But, this is me - so you get my messy desk is a part of the package.







Running errands & the carpool.
Pea Coat: Old Navy
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Striped Top: Forever 21
Belt: Target
Jeans: 7 for All Mankind
Flats: Old Navy

25 comments:

paula said...

you are adorable! Love the outfit. Stripes are my fave and that little belt, LOVE.

Tara Hope said...

SUCH a cute outfit! but also....SUCH a cute office :) love that desk and chair! thanks for sharing!

PS~Erin said...

You so flipping cute and that outfit is great! Love that it's all so attainable too. YOU GO!

Maria said...

super cute, Jill and totally relatable. Your rocked that outfit and the room looks great too!

Ashley said...

Such a cute outfit! And I agree with others, attainable and relatable. Some of the others who blog pics of themselves are also so cute, but sometimes sooo fashion forward that I could never see myself in those looks in my life.

But with this outfit, I want to wear it today!

Staley Mc said...

Jill that outfit is so cute!! You look adorable!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Best dressed carpool mom around! Love the everyday outfit posts. Glad that I don't have to walk that walk -- hello yoga pants and sneaks!

sara said...

This is great! You look adorable and are totally rocking the carpool mom look. Now this is something I can totally relate to!

Mrs.LifeAccounts said...

I think the outfit looks amazing! I love the striped top!

Magchunk said...

Look how glam you are! Love the top!

Are you planning another video soon?

Ooh, and share pics of the office! looks cute :)

Shirley said...

It's simple, comfortable, yet stylish. Stylish without breaking a wallet. Looks great!

Jackie said...

Jill you are so cute. I love all your sassy little poses. And your outfit is great-It's great that you mixed high/low pieces to create it. Is that jacket from this year? I love the lining.

And you know what? I'm rather sick of all these super professional looking fashion pics on the blogs-I can see that in mags-I like it when people keep it real! You go girl!

ms. less is always more said...

Thanks Ladies! You all sure are sweet!

@Magchunk: I know, I know... I need to do another video soon, huh?

@Jackie: the coat is from 3 years ago I think...

deyoungsters said...

I love it! and your blog :)

jen v said...

Love it, i would love to see what you are wearing much more often. it reminded me i really need to find some belts. they seem overwhelming to me to find the right one for the right outfit for some reason. and love the (maybe?) new lamp-super cute.

Boy Crazy said...

Girl - you have always been able to rock a boat neck like no other. You look fabulous. And? From where I'm sitting you are a Work At Home Mom. I'd say writing and editing two blogs and running a consult business counts as work, my friend. It's time to print some business cards and change your title. ;)

Elisa @ whatthevita said...

LOVE that shirt! Yes do more of these, please :)

Living It At Home said...

No worries...please! You are adorable and look cute in what you are wearing! I think your idea to show yourself is clever and will keep people interested! Great idea!

Can't wait to see more...so much fun. Really love all the outfits you put together on your blog. You are one of my fav's...

~jamilyn

Jessica Hills said...

I LOVE your blog! I am excited for your changes and look forward to getting some inspiration from your own wardrobe! Thanks for putting yourself out there!

海綿 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

LOVE the outfit!!! Just found your blog, can't wait to read more!

Kotori said...

You look adorable! I love that you're going to start doing this!

limefreckle said...

I love your blog, and love that you are going to start doing this!! Your pics look professional enough for me! Keep it up, you always have such stylish, put together outfits that real women can wear!

Dobbygirl said...

You are too cute and you look amazing!

I'm with Magchunk post some pics of that office, messy or not it looks great!

ayanna8 said...

I love your blog! I think it's great to see what other moms wear and get fresh inspiration.


 

site design by kelly christine studio