Tuesday, December 1, 2009

good LOOK for less: EXPRESS, Stefanie!

Today's good LOOK for less, EXPRESS is for Stefanie... she's a young newlywed that works from home as a graphic designer - nice gig! Here's a bit of her note to me:

I'm 26, 4 months into marriage, work full-time as a freelance graphic designer and study counseling on the side. My days are a combination of stay-at-home (since I work from home) and business-casual when I'm out and about and meet with clients. I definitely prefer modest looks. I tend to be more classic-with-a-vintage-touch rather than trendy, but I don't mind working the occasional trend in too. Neutrals, particularly gray are my favorite, but I also gravitate towards unique color combinations or pops of color, in fun shoes or bags. I don't worry too much about being dressed up or avoiding jeans when meeting with clients, since these tend to take place at Starbucks, but I do like to bring out a more creative look for those occasions.

I tried to give Stefanie some fun and easy looks that also had interesting characteristics to match her personality... but not mask it!

Bold colors and fun prints are a great way to achieve this look. Without going overboard I simply paired a fun yellow jacket with a printed dress. Since the dress was on the "mini" side, I simply made the look more conservative by layering it over jeans. Stefanie could even pair a belt with it if she felt like she needed a more defined waist.
J.Crew at ShopStyle

I think we all want to know how to bring our "jeans and a tee" outfits up a notch! Here I just paired the two with a cozy cardigan sweater and the upped the style with a chunky necklace and bold shoes and handbag.
Forever 21 at ShopStyle

Comfy yet stylish work from home outfits can easily begin with leggings. I'm a huge fan of them this season and paired with oversized (yet proportional) tops like this sweater dress/tunic is fun and simple! While this outfit would be perfect barefoot and working at your desk... if you need to sneak out for a bit - pop on some fun gold accessories and boots and you are set to go!
Forever 21 at ShopStyle

Enjoy and Happy Shopping Stefanie!


If you would like to get on the "list" for one of my good LOOK for less EXPRESS (free) consults, email me at goodlifeforless @ gmail.com - or click here for more info on my wardrobe consultation services!


Maria said...

ohhh that purple with mustard yellow is great, so funky cool!

Jess Constable said...

Two words: "That Jacket!" Love it.

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Jill, I love the Old Navy ruffled hobo. I splurged on a similar looking Anthro handbag this Fall - for like 8x the price! Great outfits!


site design by kelly christine studio