So last time I wore this scarf my photographer and I shot a little step by step that I think you gals will like! Detailed instructions are below and outfit details for this look are here… this scarf tying method works best with a woven (vs a knit) scarf. Continue to the bottom for some of my scarf picks that would work well this way!
1. (below) Start with a rather large rectangle shape scarf or this could be done with a large square scarf as well.
2. (below) Grab one corner of the scarf so that when you wrap the scarf around your neck it will be at a bias/angle. This makes the scarf longer and shows off the pattern or details like fringe better. If you are using a square scarf simple grab one corner.
3. (below) Hold your corner at about elbow's length on one side of your head.
4. (below) Wrap your longer end around your neck once, not too tight, not too loose.
5. (below) After you wrap it once you should still have one short end and one long end.
6. (below) Wrap the long end one more time.
7. (below) Tie the very small ends of together.
8. (below) Tuck the small knot up underneath and then fluff it up a bit to make sure it's even and the pattern and fringe shows like you want it. Voila! You are done!
(photos by Tracy Carmody)
Again, this method works best with a woven fabric scarf over a knit scarf. Here are some of my favorites: