These are my minimalist packing tips:
- Be sure to choose the most versatile pieces in your closet to pack.
- Don't pack a piece unless you can envision multiple ways to wear it with the other items packed. No one hit wonders allowed!
- Choose neutral pieces that will mix and match easily for your entire trip.
- Use jackets to keep warm and as a layering piece to create a new look with a top and bottom that you have worn already.
- Creatively layer to make new outfit combinations, think of all the under and over possibilities that you can. For instance, beyond the standard 'tee under a blazer' look you can use a sweater to drape over your shoulders for a new look or try a tee underneath a button front top.
- If you won't have access to laundry facilities, choose dark pieces that won't show wear or dirt during your trip.
- Let shoes, accessories and jackets add new life to pieces you've worn already. Try unexpected combinations like sneakers with a blazer or pumps with a tee to change things up a bit.
- Always carry baby wipes or Shout wipes for any spills or potential stains - the quicker you catch a stain the better!
- And lastly, always wear your bulkiest items on the airplane or in the car. It frees up more space in your suitcase that way!
Did I miss anything? What would you add to this list of tips?
above: striped tee, jeans, army jacket, chambray top, black dress, black jeans, white tank, black blazer, black sweater, t-shirt, leopard flats, black pumps, sneakers, necklace, ring set, watch, bracelet