Monday, September 10, 2012

my outfit: blazer season! (and a lot of writing...)

I'm so excited that it's finally fall!  This past weekend we had some cool days and it was SO fun to dress in layers (without sweating!) and get cozy with some football.  Summer is great, spring is magical and Christmas is "the most wonderful time of the year"... but fall, well, it's something special that words can't always describe.  And it always seems to be the shortest season... so I'm working to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and fall activities however I can.

On another note, I mentioned late this summer that the fall held a lot of change for me personally.  And I feel like I haven't really been very "personal" on the blog lately, for a lot of reasons, but I thought maybe I should let you in on what's happening over in Jill world.  It's kind of not a big deal and then again a really big deal all at once, but both my kids are in school FULL TIME this year.  I have an empty nest during the day!  After being a mom for 8 years I strongly felt it was time to move on to the next stage as a family.  Past the pre-school years, and into a more independent phase with our kids.  But at the same time, after being a mom for 8 years it's SO strange to have an empty house every.single.day.  There are a lot of other 'mom' emotions that are going on too... I won't bore you with all of those.

The other big development with my kids being in school all day is that professionally I have gone from what Jess would call "A Midnight Hustler" to a self-employed woman.  From writing this blog, to managing the IT list, to wardrobe consults and all the other misc. pieces that fit into the puzzle of writing a successful blog I am now and have been for a few years... a very busy lady!  Add to that managing a household, being a mom to two busy kiddos and a wife - well, it's been a lot and the business has gotten squeezed in somehow along the way.  With my days opening up for my business (and some personal pursuits like extra Target trips and the gym) I feel like I am starting all over again and that this business is totally new to me.  Some days I feel intensely focused and absurdly productive.  Other days I feel a little lost and wanting to question what I am "doing with my life".

Any way... like all good stories, this one will take a while to unfold and unpack.  I don't (at this time) plan on making any crazy business developments or taking on new projects right away. I want to make sure I get my legs under me first.  And if you know me, you know that I have a million ideas swirling in my head about "what's next"... and boy do I.  Right now I am trying to just give myself a break and gear up for the next phase of my life.  Lately I've been contemplating everything from starting an accessories line, to expanding my wardrobe consulting services, to trying out an internship (my mind is unstoppable and not always in a good way).

So I'll keep you posted!  In the meantime, you are probably looking for an outfit post (if you made it this far!)... so here ya go!






Details:
Blazer, American Eagle (last season, but this is very similar!)
Tee, Gap
Jeans, Gap (these don't show as distressed online, but they are in stores and I think they are my new favorite pair of jeans!)
Purse, Coach (birthday gift!)
Shoes, Chromatic Gallerie (c/o) and for the month of September use code "GOODLIFE" for $10 off your order!  Woo too! I just ADORE these shoes and there are SO many fun colors to choose from!

 

site design by kiki co.