Monday, August 1, 2011

my outfit: chambray bliss!

After a really rough week last week (hey, we're all entitled to them...) I had a really great weekend.  We didn't have plans or expectations and the weekend just all fell into place beautifully.  It included:
  • Lots of reading(which is my therapy as I have mentioned before, so I am def on the up and ups now)
  • Listening to a lot of Bon Iver (which might just be my latest and greatest form of therapy) 
  • Went to the beach with the family where we all got just a touch of sunburn (enough to giggle all together about our pink-ness and silly tan lines)
  • Had drinks and talked in the glorious summer evening on the patio with my husband (we are doing this more and more lately after the kids go to bed, and I just LOVE this time together)
  • And now that Mad Men is streaming on Netflix (hallelujah!): some serious tube time with my man re- watching all of the episodes again.  Man, are there some good ones we forgot about! I also was reminded of where my addiction with liquid eyeliner began (hello! Betty Draper's makeup is FLAWLESS!) 
  • And even had some time to myself to recharge (my husband is good to me!)





Details:
Top, Old Navy (similar)
Shorts, DIY'ed (similar)
Necklace, courtesy of Stella & Dot (Rep: Kelly Gartner)
Watch, Michael Kors
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Sunglasses, Forever 21 (splurge and so cute!)

Check out what's happening on my other blogs today:

  • I am absolutely smitten with this yellow top that Sophia Vergara is wearing. LOVE!
  • If you are expecting, or just had a baby... these accessories will make you the most stylish (and budget conscious) mama on on the block!

16 comments:

Tysie said...

You definitely looked refreshed - love your hair and your glowing tan!

Kim said...

Super duper love the hair! If only mine would ever grow....maybe by next summer, but then your cool color job totally out of chic.

Sara said...

Hooray for Mad Men on streaming!

http://www.mylessseriouslife.blogspot.com/

Linda Rose said...

you look like a movie star! 'nuf said.

simplystylishmom.com said...

you look gorgeous! Nothing quite like a chambray shirt and 'short' shorts! Stunning hair! Don't we love husbands who give us 'me' time?!

Mommyblogger said...

I'm seeing alot of light denim and white in the blogworld & I'm really loving it. You look fantastic. Sounds like you had a great weekend, hope your week is just as grand :)

Along Abbey Road said...

You look fabulous! I love the laid back, yet chic look of this outfit! A chambray button-up is on my list of key items I need to purchase. Cute, cute, cute!

♥Abbey
Along Abbey Road

erin.marie said...

Cute outfit! Loving denim tops right now.

Erin
www.simplyjustlovelyblog.com.

Emily said...

Can I just say that you are single-handedly making me a better dresser?!! Seriously, I draw so much inspiration from you. Thank you so much for doing what you do!

Jen said...

This is such a great outfit! I love the white/chambray/silver combo. Yay for all your good things (esp. Mad Men streaming on Netflix because that's taken up quite a bit of my time in recent days. Haha).

Stephanie said...

love the outfit!

how'd you get the awesome hair color? share your secret please.

Lauren K said...

So glad you had a good weekend!

I was lucky enough that even though I had to work both Saturday and Sunday I took today off and recharged! Sometimes you need a little break and time for yourself : )

Krista said...

I've been on a Ben Iver kick too lately! Very relaxing. I love your Michael Kors watching... I'm trying to convince my husband that I need one like it for my birthday!

b.a. said...

i'd never watched mad men, so mr.a & i are just going through it for the first time--LOVE it! (don't you love when you find a tv show that you & your husband both love?)

e.kinnear said...

LOVE this outfit! The blue/white combo with your hair down. You look GREAT!

Jackie said...

Oooh, love this outfit. Now that I see you with the bangs down again I really love them. I'm changing my vote to keep em! Glad you are on the up and up-having a birthday and fab weekend of beach going would def put a pep back in my step! oxo


 

site design by kelly christine studio