Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my outfit: white out!

White, white, white was such a big trend in Chicago this weekend... here's a photo I snapped of a big visual in H&M...

Aren't these outfits all so fun!?!?

So today's 'Bloggers Do It Better' White-Out challenge was very timely... seeing that I live in Michigan (it's still a touch cool here) and that I am a mom, ALL white wasn't very practical.  So I went for a variation with a brown top in addition to the white jeans and white top.  I loved pulling this outfit together, dressing monochromatically has to be one of the simplest ways to dress.

I'm still a bit in the clouds from my fun weekend trip to Chicago with Linda... I'm planning a full re-cap tomorrow.  So stay tuned for that... we seriously shopped and I got tons of great stuff for spring and summer. I am so incredibly excited about my wardrobe right now.

I was almost ready to burst when we first got there because I had been saving money and staying away from shopping for a while - plus I had done my homework and knew a lot of what I was looking for.  I highly recommend making a game plan if you are getting ready to do some serious shopping. It helped a lot.

On another note... this is the third time in as many weeks that these jeans have popped up on the blog.  I may have mentioned before, that I hate washing jeans.  But with white, I'm prepared to do some washing - seems natural right?!?! But this pair has very surprisingly stayed clean - and even better, they have kept their shape so well.  This is why I absolutely love Gap jeans lately.  They wear SO well.


Bloggers Do It Better

Jeans, Gap
White Top, Old Navy (similar)
Brown Sweater, H&M (similar & similar)
Orange Flower, H&M
Bangles, ? (similar)
Wedges, Target (similar)
Nail Polish, Barefoot & Topless by Essie (bad name, I know, I know - but I am in LOVE with this color!)


Cassie Lee said...

That H&M flower is such a fun little extra...I need one!

Shasie said...

Love your look with the sweater! Cute

Live Life in Style

Linda Rose said...

ahhh! the sweater and the flower! you had to sneak it in somehow! love it!

Natalie said...

This has to be one of my favorite outfits of yours ever! So modern and fresh! Thanks for the inspiration!

krista said...

I completely agree about Gap jeans! They are all I have been wearing lately...it's still chilly here in the Pacific Northwest also! Thanks for sharing the outfit- so cute!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

White one white is tough - you don't want to look like you're wearing a uniform for the medical profession! So I love that you added the sweater and a bit of color with the flower pin. Very cute!

Monica Whitney said...

I swore I would never wear white jeans...but you are tempting me so.

Ask the Duplex

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i love the flower! i need to break out my white jeans soon :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Tanvi said...

Love your take at all white! That flower is a nice touch :)

♡ from © tanvii.com
Apothica Giveaway

Bows and Sequins said...

Very cute! I love the top, it goes great!

Chloe said...

Love this. Love how you've paired the shirt and jumper so cute.

C x
Check out my new 'Style it Five' concept lovelies

Kara said...

I like your first photo of the store! This is a great outfit, especially considering the weather. I really like your flower pin! :)

xx Kara
Sprinkles in Springs

Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

The flower just makes the whole outfit fun. I like how you went a little darker with the sweater.

Would love it, if you would stop by and see how a 45+ year old handles “White Out”—you might get a good chuckle anyway! See you there! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/05/white-out-change-it-up-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/
The Chief Blonde

Shea said...

I was worried I'd spill on myself all day yesterday, so what a smart move to add the brown top (which I love by the way). I'm so close to going to Gap and getting me a pair of those jeans!!

Alisha said...

Love that brown sweater to break up the white. Great style! That flower pin is darling :)


MariB said...

This is really cute. I just wrote about spring rends and you are wearing two of them lol :)


MissRockwell said...

I love how you added the brown sweater to give it some flair. The orange flower was genius too. You make me want to go and buy another pair of white skinnies!


MissRockwell said...

I love how you added the brown sweater to give it some flair. The orange flower was genius too. You make me want to go and buy another pair of white skinnies!



site design by kelly christine studio