Tuesday, May 10, 2011

my outfit: hearts, rainbows and unicorns!

Blog readers I would like to introduce you to the pink blazer.  Pink blazer... these are my blog readers.  Go ahead and get comfortable with one another, because I have a feeling you all are going to be seeing each other a lot.


I bought this amazing blazer at Zara when I was in Chicago.  It sure is a beaut.  I could seriously wear it everyday and have no qualms. But I won't.  Once in college there was this girl that wore the same sweater EVERY SINGLE DAY and the sweater was orange (kind of bright and bold) and I'll say two things about that: one, it didn't go over well and two, I learn very well by observation.


Of course, pink nail polish was definitely in order!


Anyway, back to the blazer. I basically feeling like I have animated hearts, rainbows and unicorns radiating off of me when I wear this blazer.  When my husband first saw me in it he said "Well, you can't be grouchy in that outfit" - I'm hoping he was speaking more to the power of the pink and less to my constant state of being.


Only time will tell I suppose - so far it's working.



Details:
Blazer, Zara
Necklace, H&M (similar)
T-shirt, Target (similar)
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar and SUPER CUTE!)
Nail Polish, Knockout Pout by Essie

21 comments:

Maggie Rose said...

Love this on you (especially great with that great necklace)! Looking forward to see Ms. Pink Blazer more this summer!

Maggie Rose said...

Also, can I just say how WRONG it is that we don't have Zara here (and no online shipping? What century is this?). I'd have to go to either CANADA (Vancouver BC) or San Fran. Sigh. This has really been irking me lately. Looks like I should grab my passport!

Lili said...

I like this a lot, the simple basics and then the BOOM blazer and the contrasting necklace. Great styling :-)

Relatable Style

Nav said...

Can I say you are making me wanna run out of my office during lunch and visit Zara to get that blazer! ITs a gorgeous piece! love the necklace too...you def cant feel grouchy in that. i hope i can stay as fashionable as you are when i become a mom!

xo Nav
http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

Oh Zara! Why can't you be closer? That pink so so lovely! Well, I guess it's only about an hour away...I may need to make a trip.

MUG said...

Squeal! That amazing blazer with that necklace is just fabulous!

Alisha said...

In love with that pink blazer from Zara! Great necklace too.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I have a pink corduroy blazer for fall, but yours makes me want a springtime version! The necklace is gorgeous too- love turquoise paired with pink.

Chloe said...

Amazing blazer can't wait to see it a lot.

C x
Join in with Style it Five and get involved with skirt era
http://www.memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

Baby Shopaholic said...

Hi Pink Blazer! I want one!

maria said...

i love it, your so pretty in pink, Jill!

Andrea said...

Nice to meetcha pink blazer! You look just smashing with that pop of turquoise :)

Whitney said...

absolutely LOVE this!!! With 3 daughters - we wear a LOT of pink in this house. :) definitely gonna try that combo.....
www.whitney-navybeans.blogspot.com

JB said...

That blazer is absolutely incredible! I think I need it--pink is my color! :)

Jackie said...

It does have unicorns and hearts and rainbows radiating from it! And cracking up over Andrew;s comment. Gotta love the husbands' input!

kimbercrafts said...

Pink blazer + turquoise necklace = perfection! I love it!

Ashlee said...

Love the color combos going on here! So bright and cheerful...now I'm on the hunt for a pink blazer.

http://casualandclueless.blogspot.com/

Jenny said...

Well this outfit is pretty much perfection! I'm in love with the pink blazer. You look amazing!

bex said...

your pink blazer is genius! paired with that turquoise necklace makes it even smarter!
love it.

bex

Jill said...

I never thought I'd be jealous of a bright pink blazer, but here I am...pink with envy. It looks great on you!

Looks & Books

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

You look awesome. One of my favorite outfits of yours.


 

site design by kelly christine studio