Wednesday, March 16, 2011

video: make-up tutorial!

I am by no means an expert with make-up, far from it actually. But I like my simple routine as a busy mom, so I thought I would share it here.

Untitled from Jill Gott-Gleason on Vimeo.

And here are most of the products I used - find them all at your local Target.  I have posted this before on the blog... but here it is again since it goes with the video!

(1. True Identity Foundation 2. Lip Glace** 3. Extreme Length Mascara 4. Liquid Eyeliner 5. Radiant Glow Concealer 6. Bronze Shimmer Pearls 7. Eye Mousse* 8. Mineral Perfection Foundation*)

*note #7 & #8 I didn't use in this video, I mostly use them in the summer
** note #2 I didn't use in the video, but I keep this in my purse and use it all the time


Christa said...

I just found your blog and love it. Yes, I must use an eyelash curler! I may check out this makeup on my regular Target run today. I love makeup and agree about eyeliner and practice is essential.

Lisa said...

Love it! I especially love that you are keeping it real with the kiddos interruptions - it makes me feel like I, as a busy mom, can do this.
I will check out the boots line next time I am at Target since I need new foundation (mine is too cakey)and eyeshadow.

Jackie said...

Me and the girls just watched this and Kara kept nodding after you said thigs, it was so funny! Jill: "Okay, here's how I do this..." Kara: *nods* Now she is fully knowledgeable in makeup application! I'm going to have to try some of this brand you rave about.

Mrs. Biscuit said...

I just left a comment but my internet froze and erased it. Boo!
I loved watching your video, I didn't expect to want to sit through the whole thing, but I couldn't look away! Your kids were so cute looking for your brush and needing help with the pb&j emergency!
I haven't tried anything from boots but next time I'm at target I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks for the tips! This was a great video, oh and I too love bagbalm, my dad used to use it and they sell it at Costco by me.

My Heart Blogged said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I think I'm going to try the foundation. I've heard great stuff about boots.
My Heart Blogged

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Love it! (also, just saw there's ANOTHER Mrs. Biscuit who follows you. how funny).

kristen said...

You are a doll, jill! Thanks for this!

liz said...

You are so charming Jill! I also couldn't stop watching! And I love how real you were about the blemishes, makes me feel a lot better! Now I want to do one of these too :)

thirtynothing said...

I have got to give liquid eyeliner another try. Loved this. I loved getting a peek inside your day with the kids as much as the tips! Seriously, I laughed out loud twice, over the pb&j crisis and you saying the kids are probably beating each other up. You really should do more of these!

caroline said...

Awesome! I loved the tutorial. I'll have to try some of the Boots stuff - the foundation sounds like it will have a texture that I like.

I'm also really curious about the lockers that were behind you - are they lockers for each person's things??? How interesting! Will you show us more?

Monica said...

Great video. You have a really nice, down-to-earth way about you. I should start curling my lashes (what little lashes I have) because it might make a difference. Your makeup came out really pretty!

Amy said...

I LOVED this video, Jill! I wish I had requested you do more of these when I filled out your survey! You are absolutely adorable and gorgeous! Like others have said, I love that you are REAL and down to earth. So glad you didn't edit out the parts when you talked to your makes you so approachable. So many times I read blogs and think the blogger is so put together and perfect, etc., and I'll never look like that or afford this or that, but you make it all seem doable! Of course I think you look perfect, too, but videos like this make you seem more approachable and real like I said and that's what I love! Keep up the great work!!


site design by kelly christine studio