Tuesday, February 22, 2011

my outfit: red barn!

Do you have a barn in your 'hood? If not, you should. There is something about barns that is so reminiscent and pure and simple.  So we headed over to the closest barn (of course there is more than one around here!) and turns out it was a great spot for pictures.  It brought out the red/orange in my ring... random, but true.  

Don't think I'm some poor old country chick.  No sirree, we have Target and four star hotels just about as close.  And that my friends, is why West Michigan never fails to inspire and amaze me.  Also, now that I think of it, there is a Starbucks within walking distance from this barn - and you really can't beat that!

If I am Superman - wind and sun are my kryptonite. I can not seem to keep my eyes open for either!  So there you have it... my two weaknesses.

Top, Old Navy
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Clogs, Ugg
Necklace, courtesy of Towne & Reese
Bag, Deux Lux (similar - but I got mine cheaper at GILT!)
Ring, Forever 21 (similar)


kristen said...

Wow! West michigan is cool! I'm sad and embarrased to tell you that i don't think I've ever even seen a red barn up close. Very cool. You look great as usual!

Jenny said...

Ha! I'm in the South, barns are part of our way of life - lol! You should see the scenery change when I drive to Atlanta, we have our house a mere 40 miles away but it might as well be 1000 miles away (like I don't have trash pick up)! Speaking of barns in your area, one of my last big presentations I gave when I was working was at the Herman Miller "farm" near GR. Super cool place!

shirley said...

Like this country look! It's simple and yet stylish, especially with that Towne and Reese necklace.

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Jenny - that is so cool that you were at the Herman Miller farm, Grand Rapids is home to LOTS of furniture (especially office furniture) business!

Kristen - you need to get yourself to the country for a drive - I just love looking at old barns! :)

Mommyblogger said...

Your right, it does bring out your ring. Oh goodness, I LOVE your bag. I think I want one!!!

Jenny said...

Don't I know it, one of our offices (sales and customer service) was in GR and I went there quite frequently - still have a lot of people up there that I talk to!

My Heart Blogged said...

I love windy pictures. Maybe I'm a freak. But, I will stare straight into it to get windblown hair. The pictures can be pretty neat. I love the jeans you are wearing next to the barn.
My Heart Blogged

Nicole said...

Great pictures! We have a lot of old barns around here too. I love driving through the country and taking it all in.

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

Beautiful outfit...I love the fresh and easy laid back feel! too cute!


Danial123 said...

I love driving through the country and taking it all in.
Garbage Pick Up

Danial123 said...

I gave when I was working was at the Herman Miller "farm" near GR. Super cool place!
Mini Vans


site design by kelly christine studio