Wednesday, February 16, 2011

my outfit: minor confessions.

Confession time...

Confession One: I just finished reading The Hunger Games.

I don't know if I am confessing that I actually read this teeny-bopper book OR if I am confessing that I just NOW got around to reading it now.  Anyway, it's good. Not Twilight good, but good. So good I stayed up until 2am finishing it.  Hello, sleeeeeeepy momma.

I just picked up the second book in the series.  Here we go...

Have you read it?



Second confession... it was super windy for these pictures. Ummm, can you tell? And it kind of threw me a bit.  Out of the 50 or so pictures my husband took about half of them were me doing very weird things.  Or with my hair doing very weird things.



Third confession... I have the best husband EVER. (ever, ever, ever) See this new bling on my wrist? Yep, it's from him.  It was my Valentine's-slash-book-congrats gift. What book? Oh... this book!  Speaking of the book, I just got my galley copy (that's fancy publisher talk for my pre-release copy) and it's pretty darn exciting to hold that thing in my hands!


My husband and I haven't really exchanged gifts for birthdays or holidays in quite a while.  All that superfluous stuff went out the window with kids and when I decided to quit my job to stay home.  So I must say, it was a HUGE surprise and it made me down right giddy.


Pretty race-y confessions, huh? I really live on the wild, errr windy, side... I know.

Details:
White Coat, courtesy of Tulle
Cardigan, Pure & Simple from local boutique (similar)
Tank, Forever 21
Necklace, Banana Republic (similar)
Bangles, Forever 21
Watch!, Michael Kors from my sweet husband
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Boots, MICHAEL Michael Kors (similar)

19 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome gift! Love it! Loving that tank too, great outfit!

Ashley J said...

Congrats on the book and your new bling bling Jill!

Sarah Jane said...

Love, love, love the Hunger Games! Can't wait for the movies.
And I'm loving your blog- found via My Favorite Things. My fashionista sister lives a thousand miles away so it's great to find some on-line advice.
Thanks.

basiccravings said...

But of course I have read it! And the other two, AND her Gregor series. But, I love YA literature!

Linda Rose said...

Oh my gosh! That watch is awesome. Not sure if you know of my love for white watches or not, but I truly love them. You just wait, you're gonna wear that beauty with EVERYTHING!

amber said...

this is a great outifit, i love the top! and actually i have been meaning to read that book series for a while now....so you are ahead of the game in my book!

b.a. said...

oooooh! way to go, mr.gott-gleason! love it. how much hint-dropping did that require? please tell me a lot, because i'm super-impressed with his choice.

btw: hunger games=love. i've never been a sci-fi girl, but i loved all three books. sometimes it got a bit kooky for me, but i loved all the character stuff. and...duh, romance!

Ms. Givens said...

Even though there is snow on the ground these pictures have a Spring feel to them.

Rachael said...

I read all three Hunger Games books over three days last week! I loved 'em. And I love that top, and your fancy new watch!

Mommyblogger said...

Your white coat is beautiful! I love your new watch too. Pretty sweet of the hubby. Glad you had a good Valentines Day!

Hilary Anne said...

I love that pink top-great Forever find!

Bumbleandbear.blogspot.com

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like the tank. I have always wanted to write a book, but I don't even know where to start. That sounds so amazing. I wish you the best!
My Heart Blogged

Reagan said...

The Hunger Game series is my fave! Even though it's for young adults I think the themes are SUPER relevant for everyone.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the series and YAY for fun gifts!

Daphne said...

I have not checked out those books. I am a huge twilight fan (a confession as well) and currently I am addicted to the true blood books.
I love your watch! And your layered pastel colored tops look great.
A huge CONGRATS on your book. Must have missed that post but it sounds amazing.

Nicole said...

Love that watch! What a nice gift!

Linley said...

love this look! totally something i would wear. love the new watch too! it's gorgeous and a nice watch is always something great to have! (husband got me one for christmas and i love it!)

Cathy said...

Congratulations on the book, Torn...what a perfect discription! I have 4 kiddos and fight to balance every day! I can't wait to read it!! The watch is super fab, what a sweet gift.

www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

Renee B. said...

Congrats!!!
And your outfit is darling...love the tank!
Have fun reading the second book of the Hunger Games....it's my favorite of all three!

The Blissful Academic said...

I love the Hunger Games! It took me awhile to read it, but that was more from time constraints than anything. I am looking forward to the movie!


 

site design by kelly christine studio