Wednesday, January 12, 2011

my outfit: bright and blue!

I know, I know... the suspense is killing you with the new "do" - sheesh people! This is the last of the "brunette" photos I still have hanging around. I will show you I promise... as soon as I stop catching myself off guard every time I look in the mirror. It looks great, I'm just SO not used to it.

But any way... how about some neon and blue? What a fun combo!


I absolutely LOVE this cardigan - it instantly lifts my mood!

I am really hoping JCrew brings back this style this spring... it's 100% cotton with "bling" buttons. I love having cotton cardis around because you can wear them any season... as opposed to a wool cardi, which is warmer, but not as seasonless.


This blue shirt was a little gem I rediscovered in my closet. It WAS a part of my "work" wardrobe when I worked outside of the home. It went great with suits and I haven't really worn it much since then (almost three years, sheesh!) - but I am glad I kept it around. I still have a stash of suits and trousers just waiting to for me to be invited to an important meeting. Anyone? Anyone?


Details:
Necklace & Bracelet, courtesy of Towne & Reese
White Coat, courtesy of Tulle - it's on sale now!
Neon Cardigan, JCrew (similar)
Blue Ruffle Top, Old Navy (similar)
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Wedges, Target (similar)
Gold Belt, Gap (similar)

12 comments:

Staley Mc said...

I love these bright colors Jill! What a great combo!

Michelle said...

I absolutely love this and am going to have to recreate!

Michelle said...

Hello! New to your blog and so glad I found you! I ADORE your outfits. They all go together so well. I'm not very good at putting outfits together so I have been enjoying going back through your posts to see your different outfits. :)

copperdog said...

I love your outfits but I've never really liked the neon yellow...until now. I LOVE this outfit. The yellow is a perfect addition to what could've been a very blah blue ensemble. You nailed it on the head!

(I'm the same way with my hair, I stopped coloring it brown and cut it all off and am letting it be salt & pepper gray and even though its been a month I still catch myself in a mirror!)

Lindsay @ Yams said...

I adore that cardigan on you! It is such a GREAT color!!!! Can't wait to see the new 'do! Love your necklace too :)

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

I love how your outfits are always very well-put together, but they also look like they are comfortable and well-suited to life as a busy mom. And yes...I'm super curious to see the new hair color!

shealennon said...

This color combo is fantastic!! What a great way to brighten up winter.

AJ said...

I also love the color combo, although I don't think I could wear lime green.

Really enjoying all your outfits (I'm new).

I went the opposite way. I was a blonde that went brunette, otherwise known as my natural color. I miss being blonde though, so I'm headed back that way in the spring.

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

What a fabulous outfit. I am loving ALL of it. The colour combo is dynamite, necklace is stunning, and the belt/bracelet is the perfect finishing touch. xx veronika

K said...

I found those wedges at Target last night on clearance! Whoo hooo! (I'm a new reader - love the blog)!

leigh said...

LOVE the jeans! I'm excited that bigger legs are coming back. The cardi is fab too!
<3 Leigh
veryloveleigh.blogspot.com

Newspaper Cut Outs said...

Oh I love the whole wide legged pants trend that's coming. while i still love skinnies, i always loved the hippie wide leg style from the "olden" days hahaha.

~Newscutouts from newscutouts.blogspot.com


 

site design by kelly christine studio