Tuesday, November 30, 2010

22 of 30... hot lips!

Lipstick?!?! What?!?! I know. Shut the door. Lipstick.

Well, actually it's not lipstick it's those Lip Stain's by Cover Girl that Drew Barrymore is always touting in the commercials. See I hate lipstick, I don't like the way it feels on my lips or the taste it gives me at the back of my throat (am I alone here, the only one that tastes that taste!?!?). And long story short... I know why old ladies slather that stuff on until it's on their teeth and making rivers to their ears. It's because when you age a bit you lose the natural color in your lips. Some of you are yelling "duh" at your screen right now in response to that and others - that have rose colored lips like my three year old are ignoring me. But pack that info away youngin's - it's the truth.


So this color might be a little BOLD for me. But I don't mind the way it feels on my lips and there is no yucky taste. I like it. I'm going to pick up a few other colors too. Thanks Drew, it's a winner. You win a turkey dinner - it's a few days old though.


Speaking of... I am absolutely throwing away all of the left overs today. We've been nibbling on them too long and if I warm up another bowl of mashed potatoes and chow down on them, well, I don't know what, but it won't be pretty. Unfortunately the pie was gone days ago. So no pies will be hurt in my purging. They are always the first to go anyway.

Also, I am experimenting with a remote for my camera... the jury is still out, but that is what that little thing in my hand is. Just sayin'.

20 comments:

Anne said...

This outfit is really cute! Wish I could come up with something so snazzy this late in the challenge :)

Kelly said...

Jill, you look absolutely stunning today. :)

MerciBlahBlah said...

ADORBS. Love. That. Necklace. For reals - like GIMME.

Merci,
Shannan

LifestyleBohemia said...

I love the entire outfit! The statement necklace is perfect - I love a chunky necklace!
xx

annie said...

The red lip stain totally works on you; you look fabulous! And no, you are not the only one who can't stand the taste of lipstick... Me too! Lip stain or chapstick for me!

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

Girl, you look hot!! The lip color works perfectly with your skin and hair coloring.

milk tea + polkadots said...

I hate lipstick too! I'm more of a chapstick kind of girl...and maybe some lip gloss too. Lipstick always tastes bad, and it comes off way too easily (for me, at least.) I tried one of the Cover Girl lip stains, but it was way too bold. It didn't look anything like the tube. Yours is purty. What's the name of the color?

Chasing Davies said...

I hate lipstick because it comes off in two seconds and gets on things! It's just not easy to deal with. I've tried the stain before and it clumped up on my lips. Maybe I need to try again?

Love the lip color on you! I don't think it's too bold - looks good.

I love your necklace!

Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry said...

That lipstick looks so pretty on you! I really love this whole outfit and accessories and your hair is really cute like that!
jewelscapes.blogspot.com

Team Botanical said...

You always look beautiful, but the lip color takes it up a notch. I'll have to give those a try.

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Hey gals... thanks for such sweet comments today!

The color is: COVER GIRL Lipstain #402

christina said...

love this look! and i think the lip stain (I can't even use the word lipstick) looks great. I feel exactly the same about it. The smell, the taste, the teeth smear factor. Just not me. Anyway, love the outfit.

Lucky for me, we had thanksgiving at my in-laws. I did all the baking, but I didn't have to bring any leftovers home, so no fridge clean-out for me. Hooray!

v said...

Totally agree! Great lip color! And, I hhhhate lipstick, too! Have to try this!

Today Hilary... said...

I can't do lipstick either, makes me fell like I'm trying too hard - mascara on the other hand I wear daily. You look great!!!

Jackie said...

I've always been a lipgloss kinda girl, as I agree to all your comments on lipstick. Funny thing is, a week ago I caved and bought "Heat Wave" by Nars, after all the raves it got in blogland for being the lipstick color in the Spring 2011 JCrew look book. It actually looks almost just like your color! I think it looks good on you...the jury is still out for me.

Ashley J said...

Wow...first I love your hair like that and second that necklace is awesome!!! Is it a recent purchase cause I want one!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Yakini said...

You look fabulous - love that lipstick color on you. One of my goals for 2011 is to take more "risks" with my makeup and fashion choices.

Thanks for sharing! New follower here!

dooverdecade said...

I'll add to the list of comments saying you look fabulous! this is one of my fav 30/30 outfits. I really like your hair - it's getting so long!

XO,
Kelly

NICOLE said...

I love that lipstick too, and it has a fruity taste. I hate that taste too.
Don't worry about the remote, I usually never have a person to photograph my outfits either so I play around with the remote.

http://www.nevermindandwhatever.com

Nicole ♥

karen★ said...

HA!!! there is reward for psycho girls who leave 50,000 comments in one day! lipstain #402. QUESTION ANSWERED!

ok, on to the outfit. love. this might be my favorite that i've seen today...and i've seen a few! i love the waist definition & the necklace. let's also talk about the bangs. they look so cute back! i can't remember ever seeing them like this & you look so darn sophisticated!

this one is definitely a winner in my book...by the way, there are no other books.


 

site design by kelly christine studio