Tuesday, June 22, 2010

my outfit: backyard safari!

My yard is less safari and more woodland adventure, if anything. We've got bunnies (baby bunnies!), deer, birds, squirrels and more wandering around this place. And while that may make you ooohhhh and ahhhhh - hold it. It's cute and bambi-ish and whatnot and then they start eating your plants and the trim on your house. True story.

But enough about that... I'm all safari-brained lately since I snagged this zebra print scarf at Cost Plus World Market recently (seriously!) - they had some of the most fun accessories at amazing prices. My husband and I went there looking something, nothing of which we found... but the accessories were great and I hope go back for more soon!


I picked up this jacket at Old Navy several seasons back and I just love it... sometimes Old Navy surprises me with pieces like this. It's really well made and even fully lined. And really, does safari style ever really go out of style? Everyone loves a little adventure every once in a while, right?



What I Wore is hosting a Safari Challenge today... check out what other safari inspired looks some of the most fashionable ladies on the web have come up with there! I can't wait to pop over and get inspired!




Details:
Scarf, Cost Plus World Market (similar)
Jacket, Old Navy (similar, similar, similar)
Jeans, Old Navy
Shoes, Cynthia Vincent for Target (similar, similar)

9 comments:

Elle Sees said...

I like this inspiration! I'm gonna go see what I can create safari-style!

Lisa said...

World Market is one of my favorite places to shop for jewelry. I like pieces that are different and have a world traveler vibe, and their selection always fits the bill. It seems that every time I wear something that I bought at WM I get complimented on it. And the prices are fantastic! Plus you can sign up for their rewards plan and get coupons.

Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry said...

Very cute, yours is one of my favorites in the What i Wore style challenge!
I have a thrifted scarf like that and similar jacket, thanks for the inspiration on how to put the look together.

Lindsay said...

It's so funny that you mention World Market! Last week I went to get some house stuff and ended up spending 30 minutes looking in the accessories section. Oh and do you think I bought that house stuff, no of course not! Instead I bought tons of accessories!

http://differentdecades.blogspot.com/

Kate Hollis said...

I had that jacket too and loved it! But I lost weight and it was just waaaaay to big. I gave it to my sis in law. Seeing it on you makes me want it back so I can take it to a tailor. Is that bad?

Tanvi said...

That's a nice jacket :) Like it! Here from WIW!

Kate said...

Cute! I like the scarf! And you're right, every once in a while old navy holds a few awesome finds!

karen★ said...

So perfect...as usual! (Love the jacket!)

Rachel Elizabeth said...

I love Bunnies! (Obviously...check out the ladies on my blog vivelagoos.blogspot.com) And I LOVE your World Market discoveries! What a hidden gem!

Rachel


 

site design by kelly christine studio