Wednesday, February 17, 2010

my outfit: date night!

My husband and I were lucky enough to have a babysitter for the Valentine's weekend (a free one at that - Thanks Dad!). So we headed out to see the new Valentine's Day movie (very cute, I highly recommend it!) and to dinner at our favorite restaurant (that also has $5 valet, I can't say enough about how I love cheap valet!).

Overall it was a casual night... fun and sweet. So as far as attire went, there was no reason to dress up too much... and really, I'm not much of a dresser-upper. (Though I am the first one to complain that I never have "fancy" clothes in my closet, but truth be told, I wouldn't be that likely to wear them even if I did - the conundrum of being a mom I guess)

What I love is the juxtaposition of the velvet and sequins (just a few on the top... it was a date after all!) with the distressing in the jeans. I love being understated and unexpected at the same time.

How do you like to dress for dates? Casual chic or dressed to the nines?


Blazer, JCrew
Top, Forever 21 (similar)
Scarf, Limited (similar)
Jeans, Forever 21 (similar)
Boots, MICHAEL Michael Kors (similar)


Little Miss Southern said...

Very cute outfit! LOVE that blazer!

sara said...

You look adorable! I like more casual things for going out too. I've been a stay at home mom for almost 6 years so that has definitely affected my style.

karen said...

I love outfit posts & you look so good! (lucky husband.) I am definitely a casual date night dresser...but I love the heels with super long jeans. It's always nice to make the legs looks super long! (Question: do you ever do jeans tucked in to a flat boot? I keep trying it but feel too equestrian.)

ms. less is always more said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments!

Karen, I do wear flat boots with skinny/straight jeans tucked in - a lot! Here is one outfit:

Jackie said...

Hooray for date nights! Usually we go casual because we are in such a hurry to get out of the house! But sometimes we do plan ahead for a nicer outing and dress up.

karen said...

Hi Jill!

Thanks so much for answering my question. The outfit is so cute & I've seen it before, I had just forgotten. I think I just needed a little reassuring, but I'm excited to actually try it outdoors this weekend!


site design by kelly christine studio