Wednesday, December 9, 2009

good LOOK for less: EXPRESS, Chelsea!

Chelsea emailed me recently about a challenge she is having with her wardrobe... here's a bit of her note:

I am a 25 year old and I work in Sales/Promotions for a large media company in Florida. I spend most of my work week behind a desk and I have to wear business casual attire Monday through Friday. I feel like everytime I open my closet all I see is work appropriate attire and I need more outfits I can transition from work into weekend attire for date nights, girls nights out, or just a day of shopping. I would consider my style to be trendy and classy chic. I love dressing up outfits with heels and accessories and I love prints!

Here I worked to compile three outfits for Chelsea that would be appropriate for work, but that are also jazzed up a bit so that they would be appropriate for socializing as well.

I absolutely adore this outfit for a casual Friday or shopping or lunching with gal pals on the weekend. If jeans aren't suitable for the office (even on a Friday), simply swap the jeans for a pair of cropped tan tweed trousers or the like.
Forever 21 at ShopStyle

Take a deep breathe and be calm before criticizing the "jumper" featured below. I've said it before and I'll say it again... a jumper is just a dress with pant legs. Really, it is. This one is flowy to hide curves (if need be) and paired with a belt and a cardigan it is perfectly acceptable for work. Then when the sun goes down... the cardigan comes off (if you prefer to show some shoulder!) and you are ready for a girl's night out or a hot date - no problem!
Forever 21 at ShopStyle

Keep in mind that Chelsea is in Florida. So this outfit is perfect with or without hosiery. If you live in a cooler climate, simply add black tights and a black blazer and you are set to go! It's a great outfit for the office and drinks afterward.
La Regale at ShopStyle

Happy Shopping Chelsea!


If you would like to get on the "list" for one of my good LOOK for less EXPRESS (free) consults, email me at goodlifeforless @ - or click here for more info on my wardrobe consultation services!


Maria said...

Jill, gorgeous outfits....I'll take all three of those purses and those oxford shoes!

Jess Constable said...

If I could jump into outfit #1 I would in a heart beat. I love that ring and those jeans (patiently waiting for them to go on sale now actually)... the whole look is amazing!

paula said...

wish I could wear that first outfit today!

conselleimageconsultant said...

Stripes are so classic, but definitely trendy right now as well. In this month's Cosmopolitan magazine, they brought it up as a must have for 2010.


site design by kelly christine studio