Wednesday, December 9, 2009

good LOOK for less: EXPRESS, Chelsea!

Chelsea emailed me recently about a challenge she is having with her wardrobe... here's a bit of her note:

I am a 25 year old and I work in Sales/Promotions for a large media company in Florida. I spend most of my work week behind a desk and I have to wear business casual attire Monday through Friday. I feel like everytime I open my closet all I see is work appropriate attire and I need more outfits I can transition from work into weekend attire for date nights, girls nights out, or just a day of shopping. I would consider my style to be trendy and classy chic. I love dressing up outfits with heels and accessories and I love prints!


Here I worked to compile three outfits for Chelsea that would be appropriate for work, but that are also jazzed up a bit so that they would be appropriate for socializing as well.

I absolutely adore this outfit for a casual Friday or shopping or lunching with gal pals on the weekend. If jeans aren't suitable for the office (even on a Friday), simply swap the jeans for a pair of cropped tan tweed trousers or the like.
Forever 21 at ShopStyle


Take a deep breathe and be calm before criticizing the "jumper" featured below. I've said it before and I'll say it again... a jumper is just a dress with pant legs. Really, it is. This one is flowy to hide curves (if need be) and paired with a belt and a cardigan it is perfectly acceptable for work. Then when the sun goes down... the cardigan comes off (if you prefer to show some shoulder!) and you are ready for a girl's night out or a hot date - no problem!
Forever 21 at ShopStyle


Keep in mind that Chelsea is in Florida. So this outfit is perfect with or without hosiery. If you live in a cooler climate, simply add black tights and a black blazer and you are set to go! It's a great outfit for the office and drinks afterward.
La Regale at ShopStyle


Happy Shopping Chelsea!

~~~

If you would like to get on the "list" for one of my good LOOK for less EXPRESS (free) consults, email me at goodlifeforless @ gmail.com - or click here for more info on my wardrobe consultation services!

 

site design by kiki co.