Monday, December 7, 2009

good LOOK for less: Carol, part-time working mom!

Carol emailed me for a wardrobe consult recently, here is a bit about her:

I need some help with my fall/winter wardrobe. I have some bottoms I would love to work around: a pair of straight leg jeans, a pair of trouser jeans, black pants, gray pants, and a black pencil skirt. I would like help finding clothes that will work for mom outings and meetings, as well as pieces that can work for a stylish business casual work environment. I like clothes with structure that are also feminine.

Carol had plenty of great bottoms to work with so for this consult (I have actually worked with her before) I focused on tops, layering pieces and accessories. Here's a peek at her shopping list: (the bottoms are "fill ins" for items she already owns and are not included in the budget)

Carol's budget was $250 and for that I was able to compile 14 new wardrobe pieces. Let's take a look at the outfits:

This outfit is a perfect example of one that can go from a casual work environment to errands to play-dates all if need be. It's structured, but comfortable.
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle

For a busy mom on the go layers are key! Here some nice skinny jeans are paired with a simple but flattering boot and then the accessories take over from there!
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle

I love the versatility of this look... it would be fabulous for a girls night out or date with your husband, or swap out jeans for a nice trouser and it's set for the office! A little sparkle this time of year is always fun and this cardigan is no exception!
Banana Republic at ShopStyle

Happy Shopping Carol!


Interested in learning more about my wardrobe consultation services? Click here or email me at goodlifeforless @!


Donna said...

Love these looks!

Elisa @ whatthevita said...

loveeee but almost everything's sold out already?! WOW

ms. less is always more said...

I know a ton of stuff is sold out, I am SO backed up on posting wardrobe consults that this one is from a few weeks back and the stores sell out so quickly this time of year! Use the outfits as inspiration!


site design by kelly christine studio