Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Work it wednesday!

This summer the weather pattern in my neck of the woods has been less than desirable. Instead of leg baring shorts and skirts I find myself unusually chilly in the mornings and the evenings... and even in the afternoons at times. This layered formula is my latest "uniform" of choice... flirty floral dresses with cuffed jeans.

Do you like to wear dresses with jeans? While it seems a little silly... it's oh so comfy and chic!


Boy Crazy said...

I LOVE dresses with jeans, but I don't have the right dresses or jeans to pull it off. Do you have tips as far as what cut/style of either work or don't work?

ms. less is always more said...

Liz... good question! I think go minimalist on the bottom. Skinny jeans, straight jeans, cropped jeans or cuffed jeans work best in my opinion. Try to avoid boot leg or a flare leg.

A common fashion rule is big on top and skinny on bottom or vice versa.

Since the dress is going to give you some extra volume on the top/middle area... go small on bottom.

Then for dresses... just do something casual that you really like. I tend towards the shorter dresses in my closet, the ones that I don't love on their own. I do this in the winter with cozy winter dresses and boots or in the summer with sun dresses and sandals!

It's so versatile. And it's a super cute look for you - totally fits your personality!

Lily G. said...

These are such great outfits!! So cute!!

Blair said...

Sorry about the weather. What a great look though!

PS~Erin said...

I love this look! We rarely get in between weather here, but I still sport it at times. I actually did more when I was pregnant: cropped jeans with a dress. It was quite comfy and I still felt somewhat stylish, and I got away with some non-maternity wear that way.

Maria said...

I'm diggin all three of these and their gorgeous bag counterparts!! I'm currently on a mad hunt for the frayed shorts look, love it!! Great post!!

The Countess of Nassau County said...

LOVING the sandals in the center.


site design by kelly christine studio