Read on for all the details on the "it" list... please read through everything carefully and then email me if you are interested in joining! goodlifeforless @ gmail.com
The "it" list is a weekly TRAFFIC RECIPROCATING PROGRAM. If you are a blogger, you can expect to see increased traffic levels by participating in the "it" list. It is your job to create amazing content to keep the readers coming back for more! (Please note that I make no promises about the number of hits you will receive, but I have LOTS of happy participants that tell me that the program works for them!)
Every Friday it will feature a "best" of the web round-up that will look a little bit like this:
The post will have a visual at the top with photos from the posts featured, then links and "teaser" lines below. All participants of "the it list" will have a photo from their blog and their link teaser featured (in the photo above I just used all mine for illustration purposes) AND their Twitter handle included as well if you like to promote your blog via Twitter. Then every Friday morning we will all put the SAME post (like above) on our site... all of our visitors will get the best posts we have to offer that week and we will all trade traffic and visitors for the day! The goal is to get new and returning visitors to our site weekly!
How it works (FOR BLOGGERS, Please note I am not accepting "retailers" without a blog any more):
- Bloggers of all genre's are invited! Please see the "Ideal Content" information below to make sure your blog is a good fit for the IT list.
- You email me with your blog url for review. I will make sure that your blog fits the aesthetic and content type that "the it list" readers are looking for. No inappropriate material will be considered. Your blog must be updated at least three times a week and each post must have decent to high quality photos. This is very important and I reserve the right to decline your participation if it's not up to speed.
- I will begin reading blogs and choosing (yes, I choose the content of "the it list") posts to be featured every Thursday MORNING. So all posts that you want to be considered for the weekly "the it list" post must be live on your site by 7am EST or 4am PST on Thursday. (this is earlier than in the past - please be aware of the changed times!)
- I will finalize "the it list" post Thursday afternoon or evening and email all participants the HTML to be copied into a post on your blog. You simply copy and paste the HTML and ta-da you have an instant post! You make sure the blog post is live by 7am EST or 4am PST on your blog the next day - FRIDAY. So "the it list" will go live on ALL of our blogs every Friday morning.
- the cost for BLOGGERS is $28 (new pricing as of 11/2/12) for a four-week period; that means your blog will be featured 4 times, only $7 a feature. (Please note, weeks are assigned and not transferable - no swaps)
- payment will be made via Paypal. Please note that e-checks are NOT accepted. Paypal payments must be made via credit card or available paypal funds ONLY.
- My blog alone gets over 8,000 pageviews a day... add to that all of the other participants traffic and the number of people that see this post grows exponentially!
- "the it list" is better than paying for any type of "advertising" for your blog, because unlike buying button space on someone's blog for any time period, where your link is there one day and gone the next... "the it list" posts will ALWAYS be in the archives of ALL of the participants blogs.
- the photos and "teaser" lines in the post will create buzz and interest in the readers which makes them more likely to visit your blog/shop... then you keep your content amazing and they will keep coming back!
- If you are a blogger, it means that I write one post a week for you! And I guarantee it's going to be good!
Ideal Content for the IT list:
- After doing the IT list for a couple years now I found that there is certain content that works well for the IT list and certain content that does not... these are just general guidelines and if you are still unsure if your blog would fit, email me!
- What works: high quality content posts that are original, not copied or "inspired" by others peoples blogs. Almost every genre of blogging fits the IT list if it is original content.
- What doesn't work: photo only posts, word only posts (a good balance is necessary), lots of posts about your kids, pets, family or friends in general do not translate well to the IT list.
ANY questions at all email me... goodlifeforless @ gmail.com