Thursday, August 8, 2019

my everyday style: mock necks and trend talk!

Mock neck style tops are officially BACK. Sure they have been popping up a little here and there, but I am seeing them everywhere for fall. I kind of like the look. And yes, it totally reminds me of high school. But I think I am still good with it. (Unlike the overalls trend, that I just can't bring myself to resurect in my closet.) I think this sleeveless mock neck top qualifies as a mini-mock.  You know, not too much... not too little. It's just right. Especially since as we transition to fall there is no way I am wearing a turtleneck of any kind until the weather cools.  This mini-mock is a perfect nod at the trend while still working for late summer. Plus, it's under $20 - so it's a great way to try the trend!

Another fun trend I am loving for fall: this cropped flare look. I will admit it took some time to grow on me (as most trends do) but I think it's a fun way to include a new silhouette into your wardrobe for fall. I'm by NO means ditching my skinny jeans - especially for winter when ankles showing isn't an option and boots are everyday wear - but for fall I am here for it!

When it comes to new trends there are three types of people in my very unofficial opinion/research. First there is the 'early adopter' - she LOVES a new trend and she's the uber stylish gal pal of yours that always rocks those new trends first. She scours the blogs and fashion mags to discover trends early and she owns them.  Then there is the 'observer' - she first has to observe the trend in the wild for a while. She may jump on the trend fairly early, but only after she's seen her favorite blogger or celeb rock the look first for some inspiration. Next there is the 'wait it out' gal - she carefully guards her style choices and won't jump on a trend until it's really proven itself. She's picky and she's not ashamed to admit it. She will embrace a new style once it has a multiple season track record of sticking around. I personally think I am am 'observer' with MOST trends and with a few I will be an 'early adopter' or a 'wait it out' kind of shopper.











Outfit Details:
Top - true to size, I'm in a small
Jeans - I went up a size
Blazer - oversized, I'm in a size xs (or less expensive option)




 

site design by kiki co.