Tuesday, August 6, 2019

my everyday style: late summer slump!

I don't know about you, but in my house the dog days of summer are here.  We are tired - hello, we've done ALL. THE. THINGS., we are bored because we've also enjoyed a lot of down time (which is great and all... but it's been A LOT) and lastly we are a bit like zombies without a clear purpose because the days are long and unstructured. Ya know?  We have had an amazing summer and at least here in Michigan there are a few weeks until school starts so we still have some fun planned. But it's all feeling a little like a blur at this point. I simultaneously don't know how we have made it this far and also am proud that we have. It's complicated.

Same with my summer clothes. What was shiny and new when spring rolled around - shorts! tanks! tees! sandals! - all seem tired and over worn at this point. Some mornings I look in my closet and wonder what I have even been wearing all summer - it's all blurring together at this point. Again, can anyone else relate? This is usually how I feel about my winter clothes in February and since it's exactly 6 months later - I think I am sensing a pattern.  Both around the house and with my clothes I am in survival mode. I'm fulling committed to doing the bare minimum. And just making we all survive August the best we can.

White jeans that were a closet staple in the spring are back... they are a great transitional piece to fall and paired with easy and comfortable basics like this grey top (GIVE ME ALL THE PUFF SLEEVES!) they make for a successful 'bare minimum' look for these hectic last weeks of summer. And sneakers and a tote are must-haves because the back to school to-do list is making the days extra hectic (how many meetings and forms are necessary!?!? This is feeling like overkill!).











Outfit Details:
Jeans (find them here or here)



 

site design by kiki co.