Friday, July 12, 2019

nordstrom anniversary sale try-on haul!

Here is the post so many of you have been waiting for! My Nordstrom Anniversary Sale items have started to arrive and since they aren't all coming in one shipment I thought I would just update post as I try them on and as they arrive. Keep in mind that I will NOT be keeping all these items!  Try-ons at home are just like I would do at the store - take a bunch of items into the fitting room and see what works and what doesn't. The only difference is I am at home! I don't have a Nordstrom close to me and I feel more comfortable at home anyway - so it works perfect!

I found A LOT of items that I really love and there are plenty of items that are going back too. If they are going back it's usually because I own something similar or it wasn't a 100% "YES" for me. I always work to give super honest feedback without being mean - it's never my intention to be negative here. I will be sure to include ALL the sizing info below too to make ordering online easier.

Some pieces are selling out quickly - so snag pieces right away if you like them! There will be some restocks but they are never promised. I will definitely keep an eye on restocks for you too!  Keep in mind the sale is open to Nordstrom Cardholders right now and then it will open to the general public on July 19! If you aren't a cardholder - make your wishlist now to shop later!

above: I already own this sweater in grey from last season and it was easily one of my most worn sweaters last winter. It's awesome to see it on sale because it's definitely an investment piece. It runs very large - so be sure to size down. I am in an XS here. I'm also wearing these Rag & Bone jeans. They are very flattering and comfortable and true to size. They do run a little long, which is fine with a raw hem because you can easily cut them to the length that works for you. I am 5'4 for reference.  Also how about these ankle boots? The suede is so gorgeous and I am really digging the pointy toe!

above: Joggers are the IT pant right now. And I am here for it! This pair runs big - I'm in an XS and they are still a little long. I love how soft and stretchy they are! It looks like the black might be sold out, but the grey and olive green are very cute too!

above: I am ALL about a matching lounge suit (top & bottom). To be honest I would totally wear this out of the house too... but for lounging this is TOP notch. It's very soft and fits true to size. I am in a size small in both top and bottom.

above: If you like the look of the sweater above, this one is very similar with a much better price point.  I am in a size small here - it's also got an oversized fit. It's so soft too!

above: I love a wrap, shawl, cape, ruana... whatever you like to call it, I like it! This one is soft and warm and will be perfect for chilly fall days or even as an extra layer for cold car or airplane rides. This one is also available in a few other colors. Also these flats are still in stock - I love them!

above: I love a Kendra Scott earring! This pair is so simple and lightweight!

above: Last year I bought the Natori lace bra for the first time at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and since I've purchased two more. They are beautiful and comfortable! This sale I purchased this wire free bra and it's SO comfortable. I highly recommend both!

above: This dry shampoo gets amazing reviews - so I thought I would give it a try, since I have a love/hate relationship with dry shampoo. This set is a great value, I'm excited to try it!

above: I LOVE Diptyque - what gal doesn't? Everything smells SO good. I've gotten these candles from the sale before, this year I splurged on the candle and perfume set. Again... can't wait to try these! 

above: I love the idea of an oversized blazer - but this one fell a little flat for me. I was going for a kind of Meghan Markle vibe and it's questionable if I pulled it off.  The blazer fits quite snug. I am in an XS Petite here. The XS was too long in the arms (like it usually is for me) so I would say go with your usual size - I sized down because blazers are usually too big on me and that backfired. These jeans are so classic with some fun distressing - which run true to size and are super stretchy and comfy! I love the graphic tee (true to size), mules (true to size) and the satchel.  Those three are BIG winners for me!

above: Same look as above with the blazer swapped for a leather jacket. My leather jacket needs updating bad so it's a perfect time to buy!  This leather jacket is true to size (I am in a size small) and the hoodie is removable.  I prefer a real leather jacket to a faux leather jacket but if you like faux better - check out this one. Below you will see the jacket without it - which I prefer, but both are cute!

above: I've got another quick swap here with this leopard cardigan. Which just goes to show that a fun graphic tee with jeans and mules can be reworked SO many different ways! I can't decide if I like this leopard cardigan or the one I show further down (stay with me!). Both are SUPER soft and cozy and both fit great.  This is a size small - it runs true to size.

above: There are a lot of favorites in the sale but this FLEECE PULLOVER WINS. It's SO soft and cozy and it's kind of making me excited for fall - almost. It runs true to size - I am in a small. I love it with jeans and these Sorel wedges. These wedges are so classic and great for fall and winter. They rarely go on sale so now is the time to snag them.

above: I mean, I thought I loved the other leopard cardigan. But I also kind of love this one. Really you can't go wrong with either. It's true to size - I am in a size small - and also very soft. I love it with these high waist straight leg jeans with the notch at the ankle. These are true to size too. I am in my usual size of 26. I was unsure about how ankle boots would look with straight leg jeans, but call me a believer. These boots are FAB and they look amazing with these jeans.

above: I can't quit this boot/jean combo - so I won't! I love these cardigans and now own three. They are soft and stretchy and are great dressed up (like here) or down (with leggings). The cardigan runs a little big - so size down, I am in a size XS. I love the grey with brown accents for fall. This circle bag is SO beautiful in person and is going to be so fun to style for fall (or really, to wear right now too!). 

above: If you are a cardigan person - and really, who isn't? This sale is stocked with so many great options. I love this creamy cardigan with a kind of kimono cut. The cardigan is quite oversized, I am in an XS.  These flats were kind of "meh" for me. The suede is super soft and they are VERY comfortable but the color was off for me. They run true to size.

above: Here is the same cardigan in black, which isn't my favorite. I love the cardigan but in this color isn't so cute as the lighter color. I love it paired with classic sneaks though for a 'mom on the go' look. The sneakers are quite oversized. I went down a size and a half.

above: I think this is going to be my fall uniform.  Straight leg jeans, cozy sweater and sneakers! This sweater is A++ - it's soft, perfectly oversized and I love a boxy sweater. I am in a size XS. So it's quite oversized. Size down on this one!

above: The leopard is killing me this fall - it's SO GOOD. I love this pattern (same as the cardigan above) but in a pullover. This leopard sweater is oversized. I am in a size small - I like it a little bigger though. It's going to be just as cute with jeans as with leggings and sneakers this fall. These flare crops are a new cut for me with denim and I LIKE them. They are so fun and this pair is super comfortable and stretchy. Size up one. I am in a 27 and they look small when they come out of the box but they stretched to fit me just right.

above: This sale is the best time to stock up on cashmere. This v-neck cashmere sweater is so beautiful. I love it with the leather jacket and flare jeans. The sweater is true to size. Also you can see here I removed the hoodie from the leather jacket and love it this way. The leather is SO soft.

above: Here is the same cashmere sweater, jeans, boots and bag as above. Love 'em all!

above: How beautiful is this leopard wrap top? The fabric is a nice substantial weight and while it's a  little work to get the way part just right, it sure is beautiful! The top runs true to size, I am in a size small. This look is great for a date night or casual office.

above: This sweater is another instant favorite. I love the mock neck and tulip hem - which looks great with jeans and leggings alike! The sweater is true to size, I am in a small, but you could also size up for a roomier fit and that would be cute too.  These jeans are similar to a pair I already own. They run small, so be sure to size up. I love how affordable they are!

above: This hat! Dying! I love it and I have another hat by this brand so I know the sizing is tricky. I am in a size XS - make sure to measure your head and use the size guidelines. I like a fall hat because it's great for sporting events where it's sunny but when you are kind of over the summer fedora. Another great piece is this waffle cowl neck top - it's soft and comfy and a great piece for everyday wear!





 

site design by kiki co.