Tuesday, May 30, 2017

my everyday style: a summer cardigan!

I am ALWAYS cold. In the dead of summer, in the dead of winter and everywhere in between I always like to have layers available. Of course I get warm too... but can we talk about how freezing grocery stores are in the summer? Sheesh. I love to have a nice lightweight cardigan (you can find mine here or here, I'm wearing an XS) to keep on hand for just the occasion.  I've been wearing this one tons since it arrived on my doorstep.

And I know we have already talked about the perfection that is these shorts.  But it's worth mentioning again.  As a mom and a 30-somehing I like to wear shorts in the summer but I need them to be comfortable and appropriate.  I want them relaxed and a little long, but not too long.  These shorts are IT!  I went up one size to give a little extra slouchy-ness and they are perfect. If you follow me on Instagram you know the drama that went with finding these (amazing) gold Birkenstocks.  But let me tell you, it was so worth it. This is my first pair of Birkenstocks in a looooooong time (maybe I last had a pair in the 90s?!) and I totally get the hype. These babies are like walking on air - WOW! It doesn't get more comfortable than this for summer shoes.  I can officially say these are my "summer" shoes this year. I may never take them off! And bonus: my husband thinks they are cute too... which surprises me, because I had assumed they were in the "man repeller" category. But hey, he and I are both children of the 90s so that likely has something to do with it... (Pearl Jam anyone?!).

I hope everyone enjoyed their nice long weekend... I enjoyed unplugging, reading and hanging out with my family for the weekend.  I'm SO excited summer is finally here!










Outfit Details:
Cardigan (buy it here or here)
Shorts
Sunglasses (or for way less!) 







 

site design by kiki co.