Monday, December 19, 2016

my everyday style: snowy day!

How is your holiday shopping coming along? I think I just have a few last minute things to order! Eek!  It's a good thing most retailers are offering FREE shipping before the Christmas right now.  If you haven't shopped my gift guides yet - or if you are stumped on a few last minute presents yourself.  Check it all out here!

~~~

The snow around here has been non-stop lately.  We haven't had a white Christmas in a few years, so it's fun to have it here to lend to the holiday spirit.  Besides that though, it's just freezing! I'm finding it difficult to stay cute AND warm on a daily basis.  Especially the I would much rather stay in my warm cozy bed all day.

An anorak has long been a wardrobe staple for me.  What I love is that it's roomy fit allows for extra layers underneath that can sometimes be tricky with a more fitted coat.  A blanket scarf basically never leaves my side this time of year.  If it's not wrapped around my neck it makes for a great shawl to keep warm while working or as a literal blanket on the sofa.  I am constantly freezing!  The ultimate workhorse in my wardrobe have been these wedge Sorel boots.  Wow!  These babies rock.  They are actually WARM and comfortable and the wedge gives me a little height that is definitely welcome after endless days in flats boots that often leave me feeling frumpy.  The icing on the cake!? With the thick treads on the soles of these shoes, they are great for snow and ice and slush.  Because there is nothing worse than slipping on the ice or falling in the snow.  And believe me. I've been there :(










Details:
Coat (old, but similarsimilar or similar)
Scarf (sold out, but similar or similar)
Top (old, similar or similar)

Or shop the look here...




 

site design by kiki co.