Friday, November 4, 2016

my everyday style: walking into the weekend!

It's amazing how upgrading from a pair of regular old blue jeans to a pair of grey (or even black) jeans seems like an instant outfit upgrade.  Doesn't it? I originally was going to wear blue jeans (you know me!) with this outfit and last minute threw on these grey jeans instead... I was surprised by how much more pulled together I felt all day.

I'm pretty much obsessed with anything with a bell sleeve lately - along with everyone else - and while I am SUPER sad that this exact top already sold out I linked to some similar ones below.  Bells sleeves are the perfect little touch of femininity and flair to a simple blouse or sweater. These above-the-knee boots were my biggest wardrobe investment this season and I was a little nervous at first.  Will I wear them? Will they be comfortable? Will they look weird? Thankfully the answer is yes, yes and no.  I can already tell that these babies are going to be my winter go-to boots.  They are so soft, surprisingly warm and apparently water-proof too... I don't think you can go wrong with that combo for Michigan winters.






(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Top, Pleione (similar, similar, similar or similar - all under $100!)
Jeans, Citizens of Humanity (similar or less expensive option)
Clutch, Rebecca Minkoff
Necklace, Gorjana* (similar or similar)
Bracelet, Gorjana* (similar)
Sunglasses, Tory Burch

*via Rocksbox, get your first month FREE with code: JILLBFF4



 

site design by kiki co.