Friday, July 15, 2016

my everyday style: striped t-shirt dress!

I've gotten in a serious rut with clothes this summer... I think it happens every summer.  It's the classic  "dog days of summer" it's hot, it's crazy with the kids home 24/7 and so I just keep grabbing a tank and jeans or a tank and shorts.  Over and over.  And then I come out of my summer induced stupor and think, sheesh, I should probably get dressed or something.  

This striped dress is a favorite of mine... usually I just pop it over a swimsuit or pair it with flip flops to run out the door.  But recently I wanted to feel a little more pulled together so I swapped sandals for flats and popped on a pair of earrings and suddenly I almost felt over dressed for summer.  Is that a thing?!?! We have had an incredibly hot summer... which I just love!  But I am a huge wimp in the AC, so usually I am toting a jacket along when the outing involves a grocery store or a restaurant.  This white denim jacket is the perfect tag-along and I love it with the stripes!





(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Dress (similar or similar)
Denim Jacket (similar or similar)
Flats (similar or similar)
Cross-body bag (similar)
Sunglasses (similar)
Earrings (similar)
*earrings via Rocksbox! Get your first month FREE with code: jillggxoxo







 

site design by kiki co.