Wednesday, July 6, 2016

my everyday style: lake style!

Summer in Michigan revolves around one thing: water.  Little lakes, big lakes, boats, your friend's boats, cottages on the lake or your friends' cottage on the lake, kayaking, paddle boards etc, etc.  And hey, it's not a bad way to spend a few months.  All Michigan residents do in the summer is seek water and since we live right near the Great Lakes, it's not too hard to find it.   What is your water activity of choice in the summer? Mine is laying on the beach reading.  It's hands down my favorite.  But any time a friend will offer up a boat ride I'm game for that too ;)

Speaking of that "one thing"... my wardrobe in the summer revolves around one thing too: simplicity. I like items that do double duty, are easy to style and easy to wear.  That is why I love this tunic!  It's lightweight and comfortable and can be worn so many different ways. Here I am wearing it with a simple pair of shorts and a wedge sandal which is a classic summer look.  I've also worn it as a swim cover up, with blue jeans or with black jeans. Any and all of those outfits worked great.  The best part is that this tunic is under $30... so it's the perfect summer buy.

I've also got a great NEW feature on the blog today and I would love to know how you like it... after scrolling through all the photos here, the last photo will be shoppable when you click on it.  Love the shoes? Click on them to shop! Love the shorts? Click on the shorts to shop!  Let me know how you like this feature and if I should make it a permanent feature around here. (unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working on mobile devices... I'm going to look into that and get back to you!)





NEW! Click the on the photo below to shop individual pieces... try this new feature and let me know if you like it!




(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Tunic, Old Navy
Shorts, Old Navy 
Bag, J.Crew (old but similar, similar or similar less expensive)
Wedges, J.Crew - so comfy!
Sunglasses, Ray Ban



 

site design by kiki co.