Wednesday, June 22, 2016

my everyday style: busy mom style!

We all love summer.  Especially now that my kids are getting older the summer days are getting easier but also, a lot more jam packed.  Gone are the endlessly long days of having young kids home from school and bored all.day.long.  I've actually been very surprised at how independent my kids have been so far since school has gotten out.   That being said, they are also WAY busier.  Our days are often filled with sports and activities for them, so when we have some down time at home we all seem to enjoy it more.

Pile all the places they need to be with my own responsibilities like work and taking care of my household responsibilities and summer starts looking like one big to-do list instead of endless hours at the pool, park or lakeshore like when the kids were little.  I love to hang out in my swimsuit and pool cover up as much as is humanly possible all summer, but super busy days call for much more practical attire more often than not. 

On any given summer day I can usually be found bopping around town in jeans and a t-shirt.  And since the mornings around here are still cool - an extra layer if need be. And let's talk about the most comfortable shoes for running errands ever... these clogs have quickly become a favorite for errands, soccer mom duties and just general daily wear.  I'm always amazed at how comfortable they are - and I love the cute little tassel that makes them right on trend.








(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Sunglasses, LOFT
Leather Jacket, Zara (old, but similar or similar)
T-Shirt, J.Crew (old, but similar or similar)
Jeans, Rag & Bone - on sale! (or similar)
Bag, Rebecca Minkoff
Clogs, Dansko - gifted from Dansko - on sale! (or more size options here)
Necklace, Gorjana via Rocksbox - get your first month of Rocksbox FREE with code: jillggxoxo



 

site design by kiki co.