Friday, February 20, 2015

elements of style v.15!

I'm back with another fun Elements of Style for you today… simply put I have a little formula for quickly pulling together amazing outfits in a snap and I call these posts 'elements of style'.  I like to choose something casual, something neutral and then a few dressy pieces to amp the look up!  It's really so simple and makes getting dressed ultra easy.

Each individual will translate "casual", "neutral" and "dressy" different depending on your personal style and what event or environment you are dressing for.

Today I really wanted to bring you a fun little pre-spring look, because seriously friends… how sick of winter are we!?!? It's terrible!  I am SO over winter and winter clothes and cold and snow.  But I wanted to challenge myself (and you!) to finish the winter strong! We can do it!

Here is an awesome weather-appropriate look that still packs plenty of style AND warmth.  The best of both worlds!  I've had my eyes on these boots… they are on sale and I could really use a new pair of boots seeing as my pairs get way overused.   I've been absolutely living in my J.Crew Pixie pants lately - they have definitely been one of my best investment pieces in my closet. They are surprisingly warm (though some days nothing seems warm enough) and they work great with oversized sweaters and extra layers on top.  I paired those casual and neutral pieces with a gorgeous blouse and earrings that will make you feel beautiful and feminine even though you are all bundled up!

(get the look: leggings, sweater, blouse, boots, earrings, bag)




 

site design by kiki co.