Thursday, January 1, 2015

my outfit: a fresh start!

January marks the anniversary that I started this blog way back in 2008 (SEVEN years ago!)  Back then I had a three year old and a six month old, I was a working full time outside of the house and I was about to turn 30.  In the coming year I would proceed to quit my job twice, watch my hopes dashed as my dream job/industry would become a wasteland due to the economy and wade into the scary and unknown-to-me land of being a stay-at-home mom. In that year I don't know if I "found" blogging… or if blogging found me. I have a feeling it was the later.

I created this blog to help find my personal style and hopefully help others do the same along the way.  In 2014 I wondered if it was time to bow out of blogging.  2014 was an amazing year for the blog… on paper, it was the best year yet. But in my heart something wasn't feeling right. But every time I seriously thought about quitting… the computer drew me back, my readers drew me back and before I knew it I was publishing another post.   While no one knows what the future holds I don't think blogging is done with me yet. And with a fresh year upon us, I am more excited than ever about this blog, where it's going, what it's intended to do and the place it holds in my life.  I'm so thankful for my readers who make this blog what it is.

This new year and a fresh start couldn't come at a better time.  I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for us! Cheers!





(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Coat, J.Crew (similar or similar)
Bag, J.Crew (similar or similar)
Sweater, Gap
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Madewell (similar or similar)

 

site design by kiki co.