Friday, February 7, 2014

elements of style v.11!

I personally have three simple elements (or tricks!) to a simple but beautiful outfit. I call them them my 'elements of style'. They are something casual, something neutral and something dressy. These three elements combined are my fail-safe for outfits that are easy to put together and that look and feel feminine and relaxed.

This time of year it's easy to get the casual and neutral elements in an outfit… the "dressy" part can be more challenging though.  Especially when there are frigid temps and multiple layers need to be worn… it can be hard to bring in that refined piece that pulls the whole the look together.  Or at least I find that to be my challenge.  A tailored blazer or even a pair of earrings can really help.


I hope you have a stylish weekend… enjoy the sun if you have it or the snow (like me!) if it won't quit!

ps. like the Elements of Style series? Check out all the posts here!


see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.