Friday, January 17, 2014

My 10 favorite purchases of 2013!

After charting what I spent on clothing for a year straight right here on the blog (check out the posts here) a reader asked me if I had any favorites... such a great question!  So I thought it would be fun to see what pieces I bought last year ended up being favorites...

While I wore a ton of jeans and leggings and striped tops and riding boots... the pieces I chose below are the real STAND OUT pieces that I purchased in 2013.  The pieces that really make me love my closet and made and continue to make my wardrobe an interesting, classic, practical and beautiful commodity that inspires me on a daily basis.  These are the pieces that put a little sparkle in my eye...

The Camel Coat... while this was a gift from my husband, technically I picked it out! This coat is so easy to wear and instantly dresses up any winter look. My version here is from J.Crew Factory (on sale!) but here is a similar version.

Coated Skinny Jeans... these babies for sure make the cut as I really got a lot of wear out of them in '13 and hope for more in '14.  Really they are just a pair of jeans... but amped up to give any outfit a stylish edge. My pair here is from the Gap (on sale with lots of sizes left!).

A Navy Blazer... not the most exciting piece, but this one fits me great and it's a great piece to have on hand.  This one is from the Gap and is no longer available, but here is a similar version.

Orange Bucket Bag... who would of thought... me the color-phobe would have fallen in love with an orange bag? After getting this beauty on super sale it turned out to be one of the best buy's of the year. It surprisingly was easy to style and was a great summer/fall bag!  This bag is from J.Crew and no longer available.  If you are in the market for an orange bag... I really like this one.

Orsay Style Flats... I hummed and hawed about this style of shoe forever. I loved it and waited too long to pull the trigger on them, why was I waiting so long? These shoes are my current favorite, but they are on the shelf 'til spring unfortunately.  I know I will still love them just as much then and can't wait to wear them. This version here is from Piperlime and they are on super sale right now!

A Plaid Scarf... I randomly found this at H&M for $7 and am so glad I did... I wear this scarf a lot a lot.  It looks like this version is sold out online, but check your local store... or this one is similar!

A Red Blazer... it's bright red and it's a blazer? What else is there to love? Another surprisingly versatile piece even if it was a bit of a risk for me to buy it. This blazer is from J.Crew and is over a year old now, but this version is very very similar (and on SUPER sale!).

A Striped Dress... an instant classic and a piece that has gotten A LOT of wear. I paid full price for this baby and it was worth every penny plus a few more. I can't wait for spring to get this lovely dress back out!  My dress is from J.Crew and sold out, but here is a similar one. Also as spring lines are released I am sure there will be more like this available!

Two Tone Handbag... this bag was love at first sight. I went all in and splurged on this baby and never looked back. This bag is roomy and has held up really great and continues to be a favorite and season-less piece.  This two tone version is sold out at J.Crew but the style is still available in black.

The Grey Sweatshirt... love this baby. It's so comfy and a great piece to layer with. So simple yet such a favorite.  This one is from Gap... here is a similar style.

So there you have it... my favorite pieces of 2013!

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.