Monday, November 4, 2013

what to pack: Vegas!

I am off to Vegas soon and ready for some sun, shopping and dining fun!  I also happened to get an email from a reader recently saying she was headed there as well and wanted some packing tips.  So this post is multi-tasking for both of us!

I always find Vegas a little tough to pack for - on the one hand a Vegas trip is usually an in-and-out in a few days type of trip.  So in theory you don't need a lot of clothes, but on the other hand Vegas days can call for multiple outfit changes.  What to wear to the pool deck? What to wear for shopping? What to wear for dinner? And if you are up to it... the late night scene (which admittedly I can never stay up late enough for!)?

I usually like to snag one new dress for a night out in Vegas (I snagged this one at the H&M opening here in GR last week) because what better excuse is there for a new dress?  Beyond that I go with dressier yet casual pieces and since the evenings (and all that air conditioning) will be chilly - a few layers are good to have on hand as well.

Here's some inspiration for my packing list... I still have to actually pack, so in the end I will use this as a guide and who knows what I will end up with!  In general I like to pack around a color scheme - for this trip it will be black and white because I tend to be especially drawn to these colors lately and because the scheme works great for day and night.


It's been two years since I've been to Vegas... so I am excited to go back!  But what have I missed in the past two years? What new restaurants and fun is there to be had? I'd love to hear your tips!



see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.