Tuesday, September 24, 2013

my everyday style: red + leopard!

I have enjoyed slowly getting to know my old fall and winter wardrobe again. Each time I pull a sweater out of the closet it's like meeting up with a new friend again... 'Oh hello there leopard sweater... nice to see you again!' or "Red blazer... you look great since I've seen you last!'.

Since I haven't had much opportunity to shop for fall clothes (the shame! the pity!) YET I've been depending mostly on my old stand-bys.  Which makes me infinity thankful for the investments I have made in past seasons.  High quality pieces like blazers, sweaters and boots will last and last and I personally feel like a beautiful piece stands outside of trends.  So you don't really have to worry about these pieces being "in style" or not.  (or if you do want to make sure you are staying ultra on trend, mix an old favorite with a new trend!)

I originally found this photo on Pinterest for the inspiration here... the leopard with bright red was a little shocking... but a daring entrance into fall style for sure.







Details:
Sweater, J.Crew - similar
Blazer, J.Crew
Jeans, AG
Boots, Sole Society - the Carolyn style is BACK! Snap them up now before they sell out like last year!
see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.